Wednesday 16 July 2014

Yarn Along

Not a lot of crochet or reading done this week.  I am still working everyday on the crochet and lace elements of the wreaths for the wedding.  I love the effect of all the elements put together, I will share it all with you at a later date.
I am working on a scarf for a gift to myself, an Autumn scarf made from a very unusual ribbon yarn in a cascade of colour.  Perfect for brightening up a dull Autumn outfit.

It did take a little bit of getting used to but after a couple of rows works up quite nicely but not as quickly as wool.
 
I have been reading a Kirstie Allsopp book, Kirstie's Homemade Home.  It really is a book to dip in and out of with some great patterns and ideas for the home.  Some of you may know it from the TV series.
 
Once again joining
 
See you soon.

17 comments:

  1. Bonjour!
    The wedding is THE priority! Beautiful ribbon yarn!
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crocheting with ribbon looks fun! I'll have to try knitting with ribbon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple of Kirstie's books, the Christmas one is my favourite. That is an unusual yarn to use, I have seen some plain versions but not a multi coloured one . I think I need to make something for myself too, it all seems to be gifts at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yarn is so cheerful and looks like your project will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've used that yarn before, It IS really weird to work with! So colourful though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a fun book! I have used that yarn before while it's not real soft it looks amazing after it's knit up. The colors a really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never used ribbon yarn before, it looks very interesting. I like the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That yarn will definitely put a smile on your face during the cooler/gray month. It is so bright and cheerful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your scarf will be just perfect for autumn - love the bright colour :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colours of your yarn, so cheering for autumn days - 'incredible' indeed! xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cheery colours for autumn indeed! I hope that you are enjoying the wreath making and that it is going well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful color mix !!!!! Love them !!!!
    Have a fun day!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those colors remind me of cotton candy, sort of, so cheerful and sunny. My daughter would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That yarn is really pretty, I love how it's looking crocheted so far.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The ribbon yarn is going to make a lovely scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love that beautiful ribbon yarn. That will make such a gorgeous scarf.

    ReplyDelete