Thursday 11 September 2014

An End To The Summer

Autumn is definitely on its way, but we have been lucky in that we have had another week of nice dry and warm weather.  I have also been lucky in the garden and we are still reaping the benefits.  We have had an abundance of tomatoes this year and green beans that I pick most days and have been putting some in the freezer for a taste of summer later.

Before we come to the end  of the harvest I thought I would share a beautiful supper with you.  I used tomatoes, courgettes, green beans,  pepper and fried them with some minced beef adding some chopped basil and a garlic clove.  Add some tomato puree if needed and simmer until the pasta is cooked.  A very quick, tasty and easy supper.





 
It won't be long before we are thinking winter stews and casseroles so its nice to still have a taste of summer for a little longer. 
 
I have also squirrelled away some rhubarb for the freezer for a tasty warming pudding, rhubarb and ginger crumble.
As the end of the summer draws to an end so does the car boot season so we had a stroll around one this morning.  My car boot treasure this week was an old chair picked up for the bargain price of 50p.   An ideal project to do outside before the weather breaks.
Finally I am still working on the wedding every day as well as trying to get as much done for Christmas as I can.  I have made more washcloths this time tying them with ribbon and adding a poinsettia they look quite effective.
I have also completed some mini wreaths that will be lovely tied to a bottle of wine.

All in all a productive couple of days.  A warm welcome to new followers and a big thank you for all your wonderful comments, it always makes my day reading them.
 
See you soon.

10 comments:

  1. You have indeed many skills....
    Have a nice day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour Mama,
    You are so productive! Can I say that?
    I learn two new words in your blog today. "reaping and simmer" Good!
    Have a nice day!
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the recipe! It looks delicious! I'm in the midst of using up the last of my garden's tomatoes, then I'm down to just leeks, carrots and kale left to harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you make is so wonderful from all your posts, including that yummy dinner.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Wow, lovely veg from your garden!!! Yumm! Looks very tasty indeed! And you have been busy on so many fronts, but I realize there is no stopping you, hehe!! Great makes, well done!!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color of the washcloths. It makes such a pretty little package. Love the wreaths too. Your vegetables look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Youve been so hard at work. Your dinner looks delicious, what a great use of those last few prizes from the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything you make is just so beautiful and straight from the heart!! Your friends are so blessed to have you in their lives!! : ) Your dinner looks scrumptious by the way. : )

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good and looks great..
    Cooking with our own vegetables is so nice..
    And I have to mention that I like patterns , but I do not have lot of patterns as you. It is a real treasure. Keep it and enjoy it.
    Good day..
    Miss. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bravo, for all you are harvesting, from the garden, cooking, and crafting! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete