Tuesday 23 June 2020

This And That

I have taken to doing a little crochet in the evening once again.  There is nothing that I want or need to really concentrate on the TV, if we bother having it on at all.  So it is nice to have a crochet project on the go once again.  I am making some wash cloths for the gift drawer.  They are such a wonderful token gift partnered with some homemade soap.  I will be making a small batch soon to top off what I have.






I have added a couple of project bags to the gift cupboard, all ready for friends that enjoy crafting when I need a little gift.





I love the fabric and the addition of lace, made with love and perfect to hold a knitting/sewing/crochet project together.  Work also continues on adding to the Christmas drawer this time I have made a few lavender bags to use as gift toppers.


Once again made with love and smelling beautiful.  Finally another Harris tweed bag completed all ready to be gifted.  I intend to use it as a gift bag filled with treats for my parents.  I can share that as I know that they don't read this blog.  They are both doing well, my niece is doing a great job looking after them along with a care team.  Some of you may remember that they were going to move up to the Island along with us and changed their mind at the last moment.  It was heart breaking but too late for us to change our minds, all the contracts and such had been signed.


We have woken to a day of better weather so I am hopeful that we will make it down to the beach today.  I am so looking forward to it.  It seems like an age since we were last there.  I will of course take the camera along with me so I can share our little adventure with you.

Hope all is well with you.  Take care and stay safe in these very strange times.  As always I thank you for your visit here and your uplifting comments.  Yes, I do make the lemon meringue pie from scratch Teresa I like to have a good bake at least once a week.  I like to have goodies in the tin for visitors, although at the moment we are not having any.  Hopefully, this will change as we are emerging out of shielding as time goes by.  Another 12 masks added to the pile as they are now compulsory on public transport which includes Ferries.  They are opening again soon on a Winter timetable.  I am sure this will make a big difference to a lot of business's as normal freight will resume instead of the lifeline services we have had since March.

See you soon.

22 comments:

  1. Some beautiful makes for your friends and relations on your blog today. So glad to hear your parents are well and that the ferries will soon be running again. Enjoy your visit to the beach today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely gifts you are making - I should imagine you are never caught out for a gift come Christmas! What a shame your parents changed their minds at the last minute - perhaps they may change again now, as they would feel safer up with you perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your heartmade gifts are so pretty. It heals our souls in these times having busy hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your handmade gifts are creative and beautiful. Cute lavender bags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lavender bags. I am trying to come up with some gift making ideas now for Christmas. I am getting a few from you here. Love your crafts. Happy Tuesday, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Harris Tweed bag is really beautiful. Do you use a specific pattern or is this your own pattern? Stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do make such lovely things. I love seeing your latest makes. Is the bag a Kath Kidston pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful makes, as always. I love all the bags. Hope you enjoyed the beach, it's been a lovely day here too

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Harris tweed bag is lovely, just gorgeous. You have made so many beautiful things. I hope you enjoy the beach, I love the beaches up your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good afternoon Lorraine. It's so wonderful to see you posting regularly once again. All of your projects that you've been making are beautiful. Would you be willing to sell one of your London project bags? I have tried to make bags but I'm not very sucessful and for obvious reasons I'm very fond of London. :-)
    It would have been so wonderful for you to have your parents with you on the island. But, God sometimes has other plans than we do and we have to be ready to do His will don't we?
    Our weather has turned beautiful this week too. Sometimes it's like that here and summer doesn't arrive until nearly the 4th of July.
    Wishing you and Gerard a lovely time at the beach my friend.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to hear your parents pulled out of the move at the last minute, I know how much you would have enjoyed being able to see them more often and keep an eye on them. I hope you didn't lose deposit money! I might have to google how to make lemon pie filling! My mom was a well-known pie maker and she made them, plus chocolate pies. Nummy. Have fun on your beach adventure. I am missing seeing the ocean big-time. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the Harris Tweed bag has stolen our hearts! Love the Lavender bags. In fact I love all your makes. I hope you had a good time walking on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Harris Tweed bag will be a hit. Lovely to spend the evenings with crochet work. It's calming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The lavender bags are nice. I picked ours this morning and plan to make a few of these for my linen closet. The Harris Tweed bag is lovely. I enjoy seeing your many projects. I hope the beach was a fun outing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all those handmade gifts that you have made to have on hand. I love that tweed bag.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all those handmade items. Your gift drawer will be filled in no time.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your stash of homemade gifts is such a good idea. I agree that there is little to keep one glued to the television these days. I'm glad to hear that your parents are doing well. Enjoy the freedom to visit the beach once again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love having a stash of little gifts as well, you just never know when you need one quickly! Your little hearts are darling, as are the beautiful bags you make! I'm glad that you are having some easing up on the restrictions, and what fun to enjoy an adventure on the beach! Many blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the tweed bag! I knit at night during tv and it's usually mindless so I can gasp at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete