Tuesday 15 December 2020

Christmas Decorations

 Let me take you through the hall, past the bathroom to our bedroom where the theme continues and both windows have been decorated.


Each piece a treasured memory.  The plate in the centre was the year that Gerard and I met.  We met at the Army Air Corps Centre Middle Wallop in 1979 and got together at the ice skating rink.  The plant belongs to our neighbours who own the sweet cottage next door, we look after it whilst they are away I have added a little Santa to the pot to give it a little festive cheer.


Another window, another display.  The very modern tree is musical and turns.  A precious gift from my parents which holds a much loved collection of glass baubles each depicting the twelve days of Christmas.  There is a very special carausol that also turns and is musical.  The large oblong plate at the back was brought back from a trip to Walt Disney World in Florida, where dreams come true.  Such wonderful memories of family holidays with so much fun and laughter.

The bed is dressed ready for the season with some vintage pillowcases and a handcrafted throw.  I also like to display several quilts made over the years on a stand.  A little cluttered but put together with love.  

We have loved our trips to Florida over the years and so we have a treasured collection that is a must to be displayed each year.  A collection of Disney ornaments.  We have also collected quite a few vintage ornaments that we have found on our travels from places such as Mount Dora, we love to go to the festivals that they have there and add to my collections.  The vintage ornaments are usually displayed on the tree.  We have an eclectic mix of colours and styles but the one thing that is a common thread through out them all is the love that has been spread by the buying of them or of the receiving of them when they were given as gifts.  Each ornament is loved and treasured.

The last gift was made and finished yesterday for our dog Mickey.  He is getting older and is starting to feel the cold so I have made hime a Harris Tweed coat to help keep out the cold on his walks and excursions out.






Not sure what happened the photos are not in the order that I put them in but I am sure you get the gist.

I now intend to put together some little hampers to do some doorstep deliveries later in the week.  I have also made some little soaps to pop into cards just to let people know that we are thinking of them.  I have a long list of tasks for the next few days but I am enjoying the process and the joy of the season.

See you soon.

21 comments:

  1. Your home is Christmas Central these days! Isn't it lovely that each item brings back happy memories.
    I visited Disney World once, years ago, and yes, it was magical. I'm not much for heading south in the Winter but I wouldn't mind another trip back there - but won't be doing any out of country travelling before 2022.
    I'm sure the hampers will be well appreciated. And your dog has the most stylish coat I've seen - I bet you'll get lots of compliments on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decorations and the items have beautiful memories. You are so thoughtful to think of the hampers and the receivers. Nice coat for the dog to make sure it is warm and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely ornaments with precious memories attached. Mickey looks very fetching in his new coat, that should definitely keep out the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet. That coat is lovely. Your dog must feel very nurtured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that lovely warm coat has made a huge difference to your little four legged friend. I think he should have a nice warm Christmas fabric one now though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harris Tweed coat for your dog, now that is first class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed seeing all of your beautiful decorations Lorraine. You have so many wonderful memory making items. The windows are perfect for displaying everything. Sweet Mickey has the perfect first class coat now. Harris Tweed! He will be the envy of all of the other dogs. :-). Have fun with all of your preparations. You are a busy little bee.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky Mickey. I think Harris Tweed is probably number one on my list of Desirable Fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your decorations are lovely.
    Mickey is so lucky to have that warm coat. I've been thinking of making one for my daughter's dog.
    You have some nice Disney ornaments. I've been to the one in Florida.
    Merry Christmas
    Thelma.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mickey looks very stylish in his new jacket. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was fun to see how you are decorating for the holidays. I bet Mickey loves his warm new jacket! He's stylin'! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh love Mickey's jacket, as I now have a dog, I should perhaps be making her something to wear too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mickey's new jacket is beautiful-- so stylish and warm. What a lucky one he is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your decorating is lovely. Everything is so festive.

    Mickey looks very dapper in his new jacket.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was fun seeing your decorations, Lorraine, and glad Mickey has such a stylish new wool coat for winter outings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like everyone else I think Mickey is very handsome in his Harris Tweed coat.
    Your home looks very lovely with the ornaments each with its own story making it extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All those wonderful memories. Hopefully next year you'll be able to add more to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely decoration you have made ! and the coat of Mickey is very chic !! He looks like a real English gentle(dog)man !
    I had given away all our Christmas decoration from 45 years just kept two angels, no I regret a bit, but what is done is done ! I bought second hand nice decorations, and it looks very cosy. We don't make a tree this year because we are only the two of us, our son and family have to stay in Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think enjoying the process is essential and your enjoyment is palpable. Thank you for these posts, you are really helping me to get into the festive spirit. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mickey is looking so elegant, I'm sure that he is hoping to be taken to afternoon tea somewhere posh.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice to see your photographs.
    You do have a lot of ornaments and many memories, which is lovely.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete