Wednesday 9 December 2020

Absence Apologies

 My goodness what great news, yesterday was day 1 of the the roll out of the new Covid vaccine.  I am hopeful that this will be the start of the return to some normality.  Whilst I have some reservations I am not going to dwell on them and have decided I will be having it when I am offered the opportunity.  In other news we are only three weeks away from Brexit and it appears we are going down to the wire as sadly there is still no news of a deal.  I have a good store cupboard but it is my intention to top up again over the next weeks or so.  I anticipate there will be additional problems at the ports and some shortages, but I do hope that I am wrong.  There have already been problems around the country at some Ports due to the pandemic.  Time will tell...

Yesterday saw torrential rain and strong winds causing  problems and disruptions to the ferry.  It is making for some beautiful skies and amazing cloud formations.  I spend a lot of time watching the skies from the window.  They are ever changing and the added bonus is the stunning rainbows.  We are surrounded by beauty and sometimes take it for granted.  The pandemic and staying close to home has been enlightening and has made us appreciate even more this magnificent Island.  Our little stone cottage has become our haven and we are thankful.

I have finally finished all the gifts and intend to spend the day wrapping them up and getting them ready for the post office.  I have mislaid my address book so I am having to email to get address's together again.  I am hoping this will not delay things.  Christmas is on its way and our cosy cottage has had a makeover in readiness.  Our home has been given some Christmas magic and is looking delightful.  I will share it with you over the coming days.  The decorations are the story of our lives together and of the family.  Each bauble and decoration tells its own story and brings back so many wonderful memories.  They are an eclectic mix of colour and styles but each one brings its own joy.

My apologies for my absence, life has taken over recently and I have been busy.  Hope all is well with you and that you are able to enjoy this glorious time of year.  I love Christmas and the Advent season preparing us spiritually for the coming of Jesus Christ.  It is certainly going to be a very Christmas this year with the pandemic and the rules around it.  One of my favourite services it the carol service on Christmas eve which will be sorely missed but I am sure there will be one on the TV, so it is not all doom and gloom.  We have a lot to be thankful for. 

I will catch up with you all soon, take care and stay safe.

See you soon.

25 comments:

  1. It's a very turbulent time with the pandemic and Brexit but I'm sure we'll all make the best of it as we have been doing all year. I must admit that I don't have the Christmas spirit yet, I think it's just a mixture of everything that's happened this year and the uncertainty of what's to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your little cottage looks stunning. I'm looking forward to seeing how you decorate for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been a very unsettled year and despite having the Christmas tree etc up, I have yet to find the Christmas spirit. Our Open air carols on the green service has also been cancelled on Christmas eve which is such a shame. But I am safe and comfortable so count my blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is never a need to apologize, Lorraine, as we all have things to do, especially at this time of year. I hope your address book is found again. Most of my Christmas packages have been sent with one last post office trip today. And, I too will be looking forward to seeing the holiday decorations in your home. We finished ours this past weekend watching a snowstorm outside our LR window and photos have been posted on the blog. Feel free to take a look at ours when you can and I await yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to seeing your little cottage all decked out for the holidays. No need to apologize for your absence, this is a busy time of year. I do hope that the Brexit issue doesn't cause you any undue hardships... we've had enough of those this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone is busy at this time of the year. I was interested to read your thoughts on the news of the time. May everything remain as stable as possible in challenging times. Hope that you can round up all those addresses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your busy is a good busy! How lucky you life in a country where they are already rolling out the vaccine!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so good to hear from you Lorraine. I hope the vaccine roll-out does well and there are no complications or hold-ups. I myself am concerned about it but will also get it when I can. I want to see my family. There is so much going on in the world, I had forgotten about Brexit. I'm surprised Alex and Tara haven't talked to us about it.
    Take care and I'm very much looking forward to your photos.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the vaccine roll out in your country. Hopefully the same will be here. No apologies are necessary for your absence. I have been absent for a while myself. Take care and enjoy the season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems as if in many areas the weather worsens as we approach the solstice. I wonder if that's why you've had such blustery days with torrential rain. Good for you keeping your store cupboard filled so if ferries can't run you at least have what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't seem to get the Christmas spirit going yet but your cheery post has helped!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to read this post, and pleased that all is well.
    This time of year is always busy isn't it.
    Just take care of yourselves ...

    Happy Seasonal Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad that you will be able to get the vaccine. The first lady to get it in the UK was on all of our news programs! I look forward to seeing your decorations and good luck with Brexit! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's definitely a time of change but fingers crossed all will work out for the better in the long run. It's probably a good idea to stock up especially where you are. Looking forward to seeing your Christmassy posts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We try to keep a good store cupboard here as a rule, but this year and with Brexit looming, aren't letting anything run low.

    It sounds like you have had some hefty storms where you are - we have had a couple of hard frosts for a change.

    Christmas is low key here - almost an afterthought because of our impending move.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope things will get back to normal for you to restock your cupboard. Lots of rain here and the weather is cool. Thank God we can still celebrate Christmas whether it is a grand or low key celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope everything will be fine and ends soon.

    Sandra xXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm very glad to be indoors because it's very cold and dull out at the moment. I need the time to gather my thoughts and just potter. I think my husband feels the same as we try to stay healthy. I'm glad you're stocked up with all your needs during these uncertain times. Very wise.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was guessing you were a little busy with getting all the Christmas things together. Or maybe baking! I think we are all waiting on pins and needles for the vaccine. We have been told it will probably be late spring or summer before significant numbers get it here. We definitely will be in line when it’s offered!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is a busy time of year. Your stone cottage sounds like a lovely and cozy place to be in during the storms of winter. Being stocked up is important in these times. We've had some unusually warm weather for the past week or two, and I've enjoyed it, although there has been rain. The house is decorated and full of sparkle and that lifts my spirits. In my Advent readings I'm struck by the hope of Light promised by the coming of Jesus Christ. Truly, the world needs that light and hope more than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So happy when you pop up on my reading list, my friend. And I am excited to see your lovely cottage decorated for Christmas. I am glad to know you are safe and sound over there. Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Unfortunately, I do not see things better with a vaccine that was created in such a short time (when they can't get the flu vaccine right). We are told they will still mandate masks after they release a vaccine. No way am I getting it. They get so rich off of it, I just personally don't think it's created for our health (more so for what dangers they put in it and make money off of it). I bet your cottage is very cozy with holiday decor right now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Decorating for Christmas really transforms the home. Yours sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Our Christmas spirit is reduced to the minimum ! Still under lockdown we can't celebrate very much. I didn't even put up a Christmas tree, but I have decorated the living room with garlands, angels and balls !

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am sorry that a Brexit out has not been reached as of yet. I hope that one can be reached without a disruption of services.


    Your decorating sounds lovely.

    Like you as soon as I am offered the vaccine I will take it.

    God bless.



    ReplyDelete