Tuesday 5 May 2015

Crafting with Grandchildren

Sorry I haven't been around, I will catch up with you all as soon as I can.  A phone call Tuesday evening took me down to Norwich to support my daughter with some health issues she is having so we left in a bit of a rush with no camera.  We were able to spend some lovely time with Wilbur whilst she underwent a whole mountain of tests, the results are to be given tomorrow, worrying times for us all.  Wilbur was oblivious to the worry, thank goodness.  We managed to keep him entertained and happy, oh to be two again!

On our return home we were greeted by my youngest daughter and her family so I had two little princess's to play with over the bank holiday weekend.  We didn't get out and about much as the weather was atrocious, the rain never stopped for two days.  We did build an ark out of cushions and put the animals into it two by two, hide and seek was another adventure.  Board games are now a firm favourite, I have put them on my list to look out for when we go to a car boot sale.

Crafting is a real joy with the girls they love to craft with Granny and see it as a real treat when they are allowed to go into my craft room to choose buttons and beads.  The project this time was decorating little wooden boxes with the wondrous delights they had taken time choosing from the craft room.  That was a project in itself decisions, decisions. 


 
The concentration on their little faces is a delight to behold.  Tot, tut Granny I have just noticed they haven't got their aprons on....
 

 
The process of choosing materials and adding layers of seed beads, talking about colours and shapes  enhances quite a simple activity.  Adding their names with wooden letters was the icing on the cake.
 
 
A perfect little box for their little treasures, with hopefully a lot of lovely memories for them to treasure of time spent with their Granny. 
 
See you soon.

21 comments:

  1. They are talented !!! As their grandmother !!!!
    Have a creative day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely boxes to keep very special treasure in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These little boxes are very sweet! Keeping my fingers crossed for your daughter's test result, hoping all is well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all is ok for your daughter ... Very nice crafts ... have a creative day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, how sweet! Your grandchildren are simply precious! And the boxes that they created are truly beautiful. The have been blessed with a very sweet grandmother :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious for you and your grand daughters! They have a definitive decorating flair!
    Hope all is well with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all is well with your daughter. Your grandchildren have made very pretty boxes. Quality time spent with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely little treasure boxes, and the memory of these days will stay with them always. Hoping for good news of your daughter,
    stay positive,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely fun your grandchildren must have had decorating those boxes. I bet they love visiting you.
    Hope all is well with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful treasure boxes! And what a special time spent decorating them with Granny!
    I hope everything turns out okey for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your daughter gets good results. Those boxes are lovely, what a special keepsake - the memory will last of doing craft with you, and that's a very special thing x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recall making a jewellery box with my granny - many years ago. My mum still has it.:)
    I hope the news is good for your daughter. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do so hope that all will be well for your daughter. Sending all good thoughts to you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute boxes and what a wonderful project. I'm guessing Lily likes PINK! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your daughter must have appreciated you coming so much. I am sure she felt better having her mum close by. Your grandchildren are lovely. What a great craft you all made together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute, what a great way to spend time together!xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. praying for your daughter and that all will be well. How nice that you can help her!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope your daughter is well! As for the creative grandchildren, we know where they get their talent :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's so nice to see the girls making things with you. I'm sure they love the time you spend together and the things that you teach them! I hope your daughter is okay. Thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love those pictures of the girls concentrating. What amazing boxes too. We did that activity for My daughters birthday crafternoon when she was 5 and they used the boxes to take their cake home in! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are precious photos and special times with your granddaughters. Hope your other daughters tests came out positive.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete