Saturday 2 January 2016

Best Wishes for 2016

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and more importantly wishing everyone a Happy New Year.  Wishing you all everything you wish for yourself.

Christmas was wonderful this year with a house full of family members all over the Christmas/New Year period.  A lot of quality time spent with my daughters and their families enabling lots of treasured memories to reflect upon.   I was blessed with lots of amazing gifts, but the best gift of all that was my dear Dad was able to join in a lot of the festivities and he was able to share in the joy of seeing the family together. 

PREPARATION was a good word for last year and I was rather pleased with how well everything went.  The freezer saved hours of work, as I had prepared lots of food in advance and the preserves added to the bounty.  Instead of spending hours in the kitchen I was able to join in the fun and enjoy the company.  I have learnt to spread the load instead of feeling I have to do everything myself.  There was no last minute panic so no added stress. 

Reflecting on my goals set for 2015, it is a bit of a mixed result.  I have been using stashed fabric and yarn and only buying when I need to for a specific project.  The stash is getting smaller...not significantly but definitely smaller.  I have made considerable progress on the spinning wheel, teaching myself using videos.  I have been unable to find a course local enough, but will try again for this year.  No progress at all as been made on the lace making, that really was a non starter.  I have had a huge success on cutting down on the food shopping bill.  I buy only what we need, so there is not a lot of waste and have learnt a lot from some great blogs about frugal living.  The garden has been a great source of joy and a wonderful way to save money.  Plans for the Spring have already been started. 

I now need to catch up with the laundry.  There are copious amounts of bedding, towels and table linen to get ironed and put away.  Once the house is straight and back to some normality, I suspect this will take awhile I will catch up with you all but until then wishing you all well.  Stay safe.

Once again best wishes for the New Year.

See you soon.

29 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year!! I'm doing laundry as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Very Happy 2016 to you.

    I keep using the fabric stash but so far only I would notice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a very Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your year end was good. I look back on what I did and know there are things to change this year. Life is a learning process. Happy New Year and blessings to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! I know what you mean. I am on my fifth load of laundry...but can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to hear you had a good Christmas and New Year. Stress free is always good. We had a lovely relaxing time......but like you the big clear up and laundry tackling begins.
    A very Happy New Year to you-x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes for 2016.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 2016 to you. Love the fact your best gift was not bought, those can some of the best. You made good progress on your goals last year. Lace making is something that I think is beautiful and I hope you will learn that one soon. I hope 2016 is even better than 2015

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year to you and all your family. I hope that 2016 continues to bring you blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have had a wonderful year. Loved hearing about your holiday. I have used a lot of yearn from my stash and given even more of it away, it is very freeing and I have learned to shop from my stash first before heading to the store.
    Hugs to you and Happy New Year,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you had such a great year and look forward to seeing what you do this next year.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year, Lorraine! Hope it is your best one ever.
    Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year to you too - wishing you a great year, and more stash busting!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad that you had a great Christmas and especially with your Dad too. I hope that you have a great year ahead with lots of fun things and more stashbusting happening! Happy New Year!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wishing you a very happy and peaceful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year to you and your family! It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas and some big plans for 2016. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds as if 2015 went well, I hope you make good progress with the things you want to achieve this year. I'm wishing you and yours a very happy 2016. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, very much like mine with family around and sharing the festivities with my mum and dad. I love them to enjoy lots of family time, just as I enjoy it myself. Wishing you all the very best for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope that 2016 brings you and your family health, joy, peace, love and creativity !!!
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  21. Best wishes to you too and all of your loved ones ...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cheers for all the progress on meeting your goals! May 2016 be blessed for you and yours :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful Christmas you have described. I really enjoyed reading about it. Yes, dismantling slowly is such an easy, less frantic way to go. I do love that a year ends and begins with Christmas decor all around. My majority of my decor remains up, including the tree, through Epiphany.

    Also enjoyed reading the post about preparation. That is something that I could do so much better with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for hanging around. I thought that I had backed out. I see that I need a good editor. ☺

      Delete
  24. A very Happy New Year to you! The clear up I think is longer than the preparation beforehand, so good luck with the final touches. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Seems like the past year went well. So I hope for you as well that this year you I can progress more. Glad you were able to spend more time with your loved ones.. With love and and wishing you a fantastic 2016 Janice

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy New Year! Looking forward to seeing all your posts in 2016 xxx

    ReplyDelete