Finished the throw, it looks quite impressive draped over the chair. It makes quite the statement I feel. Drum roll........
Not bad eh!
I went for quite a simple border to finish 1 round of dc in the main colour and then 1 round of each of the contrast colours in dc, finished off with a shell edging in the main colour.
Simple but effective. I have finally finished off the blanket for the nursery. I added a little teddy bear head to go with the theme of the room and finished it off with a ruffle border.
Its all ready, warm and comfortable for my next little visitor. The nursery is looking quite good, even if I do say so myself.
I finished the whole thing off with a little cushion made from fabric I bought from my friend Jone at Vintage cottage on the street of shops Renningers, Mount Dora. A cushion fit for a prince or princess. The quilt is hand stitched and finished off with teddies and recycled or vintage buttons.
I made two quilts of the same so that there would be no arguments if we had two little visitors, both made out of old curtain and then backed with a vintage cotton. I am now starting a rag bag to make a rag rug, something I have never made before but I like to have a go at most things. You Tube has become my new best friend now I can operate a computer, I am learning how to spin. It is definitely a slow process, but at least I have made a start. I will look into a course once the weather picks up. Finally happy valentines day, wishing everyone a romantic weekend.