Thursday 20 October 2016

Duel Purpose Gifts

I have had to put the slippers to one side until I get the measurements of the children's feet.  I don't want to be responsible for any disappointment if they don't fit.  In the meantime never one to sit around without a project on the go I made a start with some padded hangars to go with clothing items that I have bought.  I was inspired by a lovely book  Made from memories and consequently made brooches to attach to the hangar which can be taken off and used on the item of clothing.  A duel purpose gift.

 
 
Oddments of  wadding were used to pad the hangar and just tied with cotton.
 
 
I then made the crochet cover in a selection of colours.  The yarn was stunning a dream to use oddments left over from the flower wreaths I made for my daughters wedding.  They work up really quickly so would make great last minute gifts.
 
I then made up the brooches using remnants of Harris Tweed, one of my favourite fabrics.  They look wonderful frayed a little at the edges to give the brooch some depth.  The perfect addition to any outfit.
 




 
 

Another set of gifts already to be sent off to Santa.
 
Note to Daughters.  No girls they are not for you, I will not be putting anything for you on the blog.  Have you made much progress on your gift making?
 
See you soon.
 
 

21 comments:

  1. They look great. I'm sure your daughters will be very disappointed to hear they're not for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are so lovely! Usually I make lavender bags for hangers but you just might have inspired me to think again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea! I crocheted one, one measly hanger, once and I love it so because it grips the clothing so well. Must try more. And I can just imagine your girls saying, "Drat!" to the news they'll not be receiving any. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are super gifts; love the flower idea as well. Given me an idea as a stocking stuffer. Just need to find a knitting pattern for that. Thanks for the good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smiled at the note to your daughters! I'm not putting gifts for my girls on my blog either. Not that I've finished anything yet. You are doing so well. Love these hangers and brooches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas, and what lovely gifts!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hangers are so beautiful! They make great gifts. I am sure your girls know that they will be getting surprise gifts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! My MIL always makes us something for Christmas and I look forward to see what she comes up with each year. She's so creative! Homemade gifts are the best. Someone has taken the time and energy to create something just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty hangers! So much better than using plastic ones when the clothes can slip off. The Harris Tweed brooches are a lovely touch. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty. Useful and gorgeous at the same time. I'm not putting family gifts on the blog either...at least not family that reads it!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the hangers - and I have made no progress on gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky people who get those for Christmas. They are gorgeous-x-

    ReplyDelete
  13. These hangers looks so beautiful! would make a lovely gift:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hangers and their attached brooches are so very clever! They will make wonderful gifts! I've crocheted hanger covers but didn't pad under them and I like how yours turned out. Those hangers are my favorite as things don't fall off of them! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful gifts and wonderful that they are duel purpose. I love the way you have combined the stamins with the button centres. You are so full of great ideas, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked the wooden hangers with the twist of pretty fabric in the last post but these are even prettier. There's no end to your abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oohh...these are beautiful! Perfect and practical that any young lady would love to receive....except not yours, of course! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They look wonderful, would be delighted if someone sent me one as a gift. Have a Blessed weekend. Woo xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. They will make lovely gifts. You are getting well ahead. Jo x

    ReplyDelete