Sunday 22 November 2015

The First Snow And The Start Of Christmas

We have had the first snowfall of the season...damaging winds, followed by freezing torrential rain that led into a couple of hours of snow.  Thankfully it didn't stay around for long but it was pretty in the short term and encouraged thoughts of Christmas.

The organizer is out, so the lists have started.

 
I work well with a list.
 
I have been busy in the kitchen replenishing meals needed for busy/lazy days for the freezer,  quiches, soups and a couple of casseroles.  I have also made the Christmas puddings and mincemeat.  Quite a boozy mincemeat this year with nuts so not really suitable for the children but they prefer ginger cookies anyway.
 

 
I have been busy in the craft room helping Santa with some gifts and sorting all the bought gifts out.  They are all now ready for wrapping.
 
My husband and I have once again joined forces to make tags/gift toppers, we certainly had lots of fun and filled a couple of cold wintery afternoons making them.
 




 
We have also personalised some for the children, which will go on their own little trees another year.
 

 
They were the wooden ones made, there was also a stack made from card stock.
 


 
Sometime ago I bought a big bag of old dolly pegs with a view to painting them to store some of my vintage lace.  We have finally made a start and will paint a few each day until they are all done.
 


 
I have made the girls a throw each in preparation for the colder nights.  Frozen is still one of their favourites.  I have also made them a fleece cushion with a photo pocket to put a picture in of meeting the Princess's.
 

 
Babies are still featuring on a daily basis, we now know that Amie and Matt are expecting a little girl, a baby sister for Bertie.  He seems to be alright about having a sister and said he will buy a baby brother from the shop, not quite sure how that works!!!!   It certainly works for a 4 year old.  He had a birthday while we were in Florida, so everything now is about being 4. 
 
I have added to the pile of burp clothes and crochet for a couple of hours each evening.
 
 
Every girl needs a little Cath Kidston... 
 
Where would we be without somewhere for our shoes?
 

 
I am working on a couple of storage bags.  Are you getting ready for Christmas, or are you a last minute type of person?
 
See you soon.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. You have been so busy! Love, love, love the tags you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tags are beautiful. What a cosy creative time you've been having. I giggled when I read your grandson's response to the news about his new sister. He sounds very practical xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey, you have been busy. It was a treat to look at all your lovely handmade things

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of imagination ! A lot of patience ! A lot of talent !!!!!
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! You are so talented!
    And I am a list maker too, especially this time of year!
    Enjoy the snow...we are still waiting here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...love all your tags and I am impressed with all your hard work. Love the Cath Kidston fabrics. So cute. I would adore that mince meat. I just watched a show about making it. I have never made it.
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness you are organised. Don't think I would like snow, (I am definitely a summer girl) but then it would probably seem strange to you having a summer Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just loved this!! Getting me so in the mood for holiday preparation as well!! Such lovely personal touches.
    Blessings to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mince meat is made but I 'fess up to buying a small pudding, just enough for 2 servings. For cake I will make a baked cheesecake and a chocolate cake, covered with ganache. Those wooden tags are lovely, and the dolly pegs are a fabulous idea, as are the labelled shoe and sock bags.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh I do love your creations. 4 year old logic sounds comical.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, Lorraine- you have been super busy! I am tired just imaginging all you've accomplished already! I am sooooo behind.

    So, you had snow huh? Well yesterday we had some freezing rain but it wasn't anything, just blustery and lots and lots and LOTS of driving rain and wind.

    Getting ready for Thanksgiving Day feast here on Thursday - then let the decorating begin! : - )

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I had that snow....anyways you are so crafty!! I love when you show what your creating.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just only begun to think of Christmas. Found some lovely items at World Market that I picked out. New is good...maybe recycle the older things. Yes thanksgiving is this week as Teresa K said. Only 3 pf us this yeat. Dau in law not feeling great at 16 wks so they're staying home. Already have my Christmas cards. Now working on my photo calenders for gifts. Your dolly pins are nice!! It's cold here but no snow. Yet.. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have been a VERY busy crafter. Looks like you have a good start on your Christmas gifts.

    I heard that today was the day to make Christmas pudding. It was somewhere on the internet today. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I take my hat off to you, you certainly get things done. I very impressive selection of finished items. The gift tags with the grandchildrens' names on are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you have been busy!! Looks like fun and very productive!! You will have some lucky recipients!! Love the Cath Kidston!!

    ReplyDelete