Friday 20 November 2015

Five On Friday

My holiday to Florida is still very much on my mind, I am still recalling some beautiful moments.  I have therefore decided to share 5 other places that we visited apart from Disney World.

First and foremost the beautiful town of Mount Dora, a favourite place of ours and home to some very special friends.  This time we visited the plant and garden show, which truly was beautiful.


 
Not only were there a stunning array of plants but there was also some enchanting garden ornaments,  made by some very talented people.
 

 
The plant taxi made me smile, delivered by the scouts to boost their funds, a great initiative I thought.
 
 
The Christmas tree was up and added to the charm.
 
 
Our second visit was to Old Town Kissimmee to celebrate Halloween and to have a stroll down memory lane to view some of the old classic cars. 
 

 
It was certainly a fun night, with the girls collecting a mountain of candy.  Everybody was so warm and welcoming, it was great to chat with some of the car owners. 
 

 
Outing three was a visit to Boggy Creek, a natural attraction.  We had amazing airboat ride in the headwaters to the Everglades searching for wildlife.
 

 
The ride itself was thrilling and although we only saw one alligator we did see a lot of turtles and were able to admire the local flora and fauna.
 
 
We also had fun, feeding the fish and watching them come up to the surface.
 
 
We had an amazing trip to the Sea Life Aquarium which has an incredible 360 underwater tunnel which we were able to walk through.
 

 
It was a strange feeling walking through a tunnel surrounded by such a wide variety of sea life, but one that I am glad to have done.  There were 12 themed zones to enjoy which included jellyfish, turtles, octopus, sharks to name but a few.
 
 
My final trip I am sharing today is to Madame Tussauds Orlando.  Billed as an invite to your very own A-List Party!  It certainly was a journey along the red carpet and we did have some fun along the way.  My husband was thrilled to meet David Beckham, taller then we had imagined.
 
 
Of course Walt Disney had to be there...
 
 
...we were thrilled of course to meet the President!
 
 
Five wonderful places that we visited, sharing them with you has evoked some wonderful memories that I am sure will last a lifetime.  I am once again joining Amy over at Love Made My Home for the weekly get together.
 
See you soon.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

25 comments:

  1. How fantastic! There's so much more to Florida than the parks and you definitely saw great places and fun things on your trip! I loved the Everglades and the Aquarium too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy that you are happy and that you had such a good time on vacation. There is something soothing about revisiting the same place for vacation. WE did that many years when we went to Cape May for vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looks like you had a great time! I can't wait until we're able to go on another vacation! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing your photos of Florida brings back so many memories of my childhood :) When I was younger my parents and I went to Florida often and always went to Universal Studios and Disney World - such fun times :)

    It looks like you have a lovely time and I'm so glad you were able to go. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful and fun tour. Thank you for taking me along the tour through your photos. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound of all the underwater tunnels at the aquarium. What a good idea to do 5 visits for 5 on Friday! B

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly had a great holiday and found lots of exciting things to do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous holiday! You saw so many fascinating places. The plant taxi is indeed a cute idea, and useful. David and Walt look incredibly real, Obama (my hero) a little bit less, unfortunately. :)
    Thank you for sharing and have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous holiday! You saw so many fascinating places. The plant taxi is indeed a cute idea, and useful. David and Walt look incredibly real, Obama (my hero) a little bit less, unfortunately. :)
    Thank you for sharing and have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you've gone and come back from holiday already!! Boy have I missed so much!! Lol!!! Your trip to Old Town looks wonderful. I've been to Old Town in other states and they're always such a fun place to visit. That wax figure of Walt Disney looks so real!! Kind of creepy!! Had I known you were visiting our President I would've told you to give him a kick in the arse for me. : ) Have a beautiful weekend and thank you for always leaving such kind comments on my blog. xoxo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun photo memories of your Florida holiday. Thanks for sharing your memories with us. Oregon coast aquaruim has a walk through tunnel like you went thru. Years ago it was a huge tank that housed Keiko. I did see him 3 times. This venue was created after he left. Take care and happy days!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh I loved seeing the BOtanic gardens. I love all things Disney. Jealous! Trying to get my husband to go to Disney again...

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like a wonderful family holiday, plenty of memories made to treasure! I've never been to Florida or the US at all, but I hope to one of these days. Thanks for sharing, wishing you a super weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Florida is a great place to visit this time of year! Everyone is friendly there. Thanks for sharing your fun travel adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what fabulous times you had!! I love the plant taxi, that is such a great idea isn't it. At UK shows they have plant crèches, but I have never seen a plant taxi before! Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You certainly packed a lot into your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have seen more of Florida than I have and I live here! So glad you had a wonderful time.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  18. We always make the effort to go to other places than the parks, they have made some of our best memories. I love that plant taxi - great fun! Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had a great time.

    Sure wish I had known about the Mt. Dora Plant and Garden show. Looks like it was fantastic!!! I've noted it for NEXT year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello, it's good to catch up with you and to know about your trip to Florida. Seems like you had a lovely time there with your family.Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It does look like a fabulous holiday and you have given your littlies some wonderful memories. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful vacation - some nice photos of your trip! I enjoyed seeing all the 'sights'. Those wax figures are amazing and the little ones are just precious. x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great Florida trip! Glad you were able to do more than Disney (although Disney is always such a highlight!) Looks like you visited some awesome spots! Enjoyed the post.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So much fun and makes me want to go back to Disney so badly!! I've been to both (in Florida and CA) and they're 2 of my favorite places on the planet. ;)

    I love the beauty and exotic quality of all of nature around Florida too. What a wonderful trip down memory lane for me. Thanks so much for sharing that! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the great post on your blog, it really gives me an insight on this topic.

    Boggy Creek Airboats

    ReplyDelete