Friday 27 November 2015

Five on Friday

Friday again already!  The days are flying by!  A busy week with lots going on, therefore my five on Friday are moments from my busy week.

I have made a start on the gift wrapping, a fun afternoon with Christmas music and decadent hot chocolate.



 
A  trip to the local garden centre to admire the beautiful decorations and displays.  Quite inspirational and lots of ideas stored for another year.  Whilst I thought the displays were amazing, I did think some of the baubles were a little pricey.  However,  I did come back with some rather nice card stock for the craft room.
 



 
A start has been made on the menu planning for over the Christmas and New Year period.  We did have lots of fun twisting some of the recipes to suit our own personal tastes.  We seem to have a firm menu in mind but there is plenty of time to keep changing it.
 
 
There has also been a few quiet moments of concentration and contemplation when a jigsaw has been the entertainment for the afternoon.  It is certainly a soothing and relaxing pastime.
 

 
Finally, my fifth moment is a trip to the local town for the annual parade and tree lighting.  We had a lovely meal out and a stroll around some of the shops.  Mum had rather an unusual encounter...
 
 
Its not very often you come face to face with a dinosaur.  The parade was fun and included a lot of the local children's clubs, it was wonderful to see their little faces filled with anticipation.  The highlight of the evening was of course Santa with real reindeer.
 



 
A fun evening to start the festive season.
 
A busy but productive and enjoyable week.  I am joining Amy over at Love Made My Home for the weekly get together.  Why not pop over and join the fun.
 
A warm welcome to new followers and a big thank you for all your wonderful comments, I really do appreciate them.  It warms my heart on a cold evening to know that my little blog is read. 
 
Have you made on start on Christmas?
 
See you soon.
 
 
 
 
 

30 comments:

  1. Great pictures !!!! You are already in the "Christmas season" !
    Have a nice weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time you are having. I am starting my decorating today, have to get it out of the way before I start work on Monday. So much to do this crazy time of year.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are ahead of the game (Christmas). I know it's only a month away but I'm not ready. Beautiful pictures. Thank you. Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo looking good, and very organised of you! I have bought most of it but not wrapped any!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo looking good, and very organised of you! I have bought most of it but not wrapped any!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo of the dinosaur. My husband is great at jigsaws and I am absolutely hopeless. A nice 5. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope I'm as organized and gung ho about getting things done as you are in my next life time!!! Lol!!! I can't believe you've already started wrapping gifts. Good for you!!! I've been picking things up here and there but I usually make a better effort as soon as Thanksgiving is over when I feel like I have to. I work very well under pressure. : ) I've been catching up on some of your past posts that I've missed and your handmade gifts are just so lovely. Your friends and family are so blessed to be receiving them!! Have a beautiful weekend!!! xoxo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see you have had a festive week all round! So organised as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh a lovely Christmassy post with lots of wonderful goodies to see and a very fun looking parade!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun time you had and good job on all you have got done for xmas! I can now start on it now that Thanksgiving is over. I just put up a post with our feast. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great Christmas preparations week you have had. Thank you for joining five on Friday, I hope that you have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are ahead of me on Christmas preparations, but I have made some and plan to get decorations out this weekend. I'm glad you and yours are having happy times...even face to face with dinosaurs :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The inside of the house is decorated. Steve will be putting up the outside lights tomorrow morning.

    That will be it for us.....no tree this year. We donated our tree to Goodwill. Next year if the cat is a little less rambunctious, we will get a live tree.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh you are organised. I have finished my shopping though, wrapping to do now. Sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It all looks delightful. I'm in the deep of Christmas preparations now too. Love this time of year. Your gifts look intriguing ... will make lots of people happy, I'm sure.

    Coming to you from Amy's and wishing you a beautiful weekend,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. So busy again and again ... for christmas .. already !!!! It's nice to read your week was enjoyable and you've had an nice festive evening to start the season .... I wish you now a lovely, warm and creative weekend ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. There's nothing quite like a wrapping session while listening to Christmas music and drinking hot chocolate - sounds perfect to me! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Christmas music, gift wrap paper and hot chocolate - that sound cozy!
    Oh yeah, the garden centersa have so many nice things now and Christmas markets make for us a sweet time, a feling like in childood...
    Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely festive photos of your preparations for Christmas - garden centres have such amazing festive displays don't they? As for my preparations, I have made a Christmas cake and pudding and bought some cards, that's it so far:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and that's fab. I'm not sure what it is but there's a definite feel in the air this year. Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thought I was getting organised but I have to say you put me to shame. It's lovely to see the lights in towns...very atmospheric. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  22. A fun festival post. You're getting a lot done.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. The festival looks wonderful. So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The decorations look beautiful! The Christmas market here was fun as well. :-) and hot chocolate and coffee are perfect for this weather .

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness, you are wrapping already?! I only have a few gifts bought and we just got the boxes of decorations down. We are on our way to the Festival of Trees.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have made a start on Christmas, your wrapping is much nicer than mine. I love getting ideas from garden centres, they always have lovely displays, yours looks particularly beautiful. A great week and brilliant picture of your mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. All looks good in your world - The Christmas parade looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A great start to Christmas! I have the wrapping paper and loads of sellotape - I always forget that!! I'm hoping everything will be finished by the end of next week (well that's the plan!). A great Christmas parade by the looks of things and not too cold xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have started knitting a while ago but I haven't done much shopping. I hope to get a lot done these two weeks! Love your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great pictures! The Shopping Centres are ornamented and the streets are getting full of lights.

    Sandra xXx

    ReplyDelete