Friday 18 July 2014

Vintage Pattern

Today I have decided to showcase a rather unusual pattern, it is a Folkwear Guatemalan ethnic pattern for the dress and the apron.  Although brown and cream the pattern made me smile because you can imagine the bright colours.  It was printed in 1980 and even contains the instructions for all the decorative treatments such as box pleat bows and ruffles.  All the instructions for the surface trims, yardage  for ribbon, rick rack or braid are also included.  Some history and comparisons to European  styles and techniques are also printed on the back of the pattern.  A lot of information and detail for a mere $1.  Not a pattern that I would use but a lovely pattern for my collection, to look at smile and wonder...



 
I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.  Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.
 
See you soon.

3 comments:

  1. A definite blast from the past there!! I can see why you won't be making anything up from this, but it is a great addition to your collection isn't it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine that dress in turquoise and white polka dots. It would be very fun.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vintage guatemalan dresses !!!
    Have a great weekend too !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete