Thursday 10 July 2014

Christmas in July

I have spent a lovely afternoon browsing Christmas fabrics so that I can get some of my preparation done early.  The wedding takes place at the end of November and then I have the pleasure of my Grandson while they are on honeymoon.  Consequently I need to be ready early, so Christmas in July it is...






 
I quickly got organized and made two cotton backed fleece throws.

 
Next up was the top of a quilted throw.



 
Still a work in progress but an enjoyable one.  Anyone else started Christmas projects yet?  I am really organized this year I have the bulk of my gifts bought or made.  The wedding is making me super efficient, I have also not taken on as much work so there would be no mad panic getting things done.
 
See you soon.






10 comments:

  1. Lovely fabrics! You really are organized this year :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have! Two are finished for a Christmas in July swap & the others are very much works in progress. I do like your fleecy throws, I bet they will be lovely warm & snuggly once the colder weather returns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It gives me so much the taste of the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness do not remind me Christmas is on its way yet again this year! By the way love your fabrics.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like a wedding to keep one organised - and you are doing so well already with everything so bright and cheery - and your quilt top is looking very pretty …. I'm looking forward to seeing it completed.
    xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are super organised, as others have said above me, nothing like a wedding to inspire organisation and planning though is there! I hope that everything goes really well for you and your family!! Love the quilt and the blanket! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was Christmas in July !
    Enjoy it !
    Have a great weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas? I almost couldnt believe it!! Then I realised it made sense for you as you will most certainly be busy. Who says its too early?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Disney fabric mama reqlly beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete