I have now completed the cards that I need for June which includes a Birthday card for Mum and a Fathers Day Card.
The cupboard door is now aligned and has been lifted into the bedroom. The colours are perfect for the guest room and matches all the other décor in there.
Clothes hangers were painted and adorned with a lace shabby chic flower to give it an extra dimension.
The children's clothes hangers were finished and added to the Christmas cupboard, I usually buy them an outfit for over the festive period so this will be the perfect thing to hang them on.
I will distress them a little later once the paint has settled.
The burlap picture is now complete, the buttons were stitched on a card secured on the back to hide all the stitches. It is the perfect match for a chair that I had done previously.
Just need to decide where to hang it.
Finally I have had a few sessions of jam making to stock up the cupboard. We are great fans of jam with scones, an easy make for when we have visitors so nice to have some in hand.
Blackcurrant, some of which has already gone to my parents as it is one of their favourites. Made using tinned blackcurrants, a really cost effective way of making it.
Traditional strawberry using fruit that had been reduced in the local supermarket.
Pear and ginger, using some pears up that had been lingering in the fruit bowl, waste not want not...
This was an experiment using a very large tin of oranges but worked incredibly well.
We have tried and tested them all strawberry came top for my husband, the pear and ginger for me although we were quite partial to the blackcurrant and then the orange with the added port had a lot going for it...
The rain has stopped today so I am hopeful of getting some jobs done in the garden.
See you soon.