Saturday 28 July 2018

Crochet Finishes And Starts

Last night we were supposed to see the lunar eclipse, the shining bright hue of the moon that would be turned into a bewitching blood red.  Despite looking for several hours, nothing not a thing.  There was some very pretty and striking cloud formations but not a moon in sight of any description.




How did the rest of you get on, did you manage to see the amazing phenomenom?

Honeys little throw is finished and  all ready to be posted.  The border was a fun finish.


Another finish was the shawl all ready for Christmas.  The border was a mixture of stitches some of them new to me but despite its beauty quite easy to master.



It is certainly on my to do list again, I love the drape of the shawl and its versatility.


Gerard painted a wooden coat hanger for me and I stamped it and added a ribbon to match the shawl.




Two finishes, gives me two new starts.  A simple project for when we are in the waiting room at the doctors/hospital.  Coat hangars...


Coat hangars, which will be embellished with a bright flower corsage.

The trusty wool winder has been out and a more manageable size ball of yarn wound all ready for another project.



A throw for Bertie, he loves a crochet blanket on his bed.



A start has been made.  This will become my project for the evening.

As always I thank you for your support reading this blog, emails and comments.  In my last post I shared  local sheiling that we stumbled across on one of our little adventures.  It looks like an old blackhouse that has been used as the outer skin for the building, so I can only presume it was built inside the beautiful stonework.

The arched doorway in the post titled Saturday Stroll is in fact an overflow drain that puts surplus water back into the sea.  It does look so very pretty in the photo and could be a magic tunnel for the elves and fairies that live around here.

See you soon.


26 comments:

  1. What a pretty shawl and your blanket pattern looks lovely. We had skies very similar to yours last night but sadly no sign of the moon. Always the way! B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, cozy and warm. I love the hanger to give as part of the gift. Where do you still find the wooden ones to paint? I have a couple old ones of my parents' but never see new ones to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I do love that shawl and there is someone in my world who could definitely benefit from one. Hmmm...I’ll have to ponder that.
    Stormy last night so no moon, but perhaps it was not going to be a phenomenon in my corner. The new afghan choice looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your makes are lovely and the shawl is beautiful. I love the coloured border. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. We could not see the moon either.

    What lovely crochet work 💙

    The verse on the hanger(so pretty with the tartan bow) is one of my favourites I have a little necklace with the same verse.

    Wishing you both a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. No we didn't see the moon here MM. It was very cloudy.

    I absolutely love the shawl and can just imagine snuggling into it on a cold winter night.
    The polka dot blanket looks amazing. Can't wait to see that finished.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow che meraviglia cara hai le mani d'oro, che gusti raffinati! un abbraccio!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love all of the homemade items you've been working on. The edging really gives a wow factor to the items!
    Love the wool winder...makes the job much easier I'm sure!
    Very cute hanger as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your projects, each one is wonderful and will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The moon was beautiful here last night at the lake. I tried to get a photo of it but the camera would not do it justice. I love all of your crochet projects. I used to crochet around hangers all the time. I wonder why I stopped? -:) I may have to get that project out once again and make some as gifts. I hope you and Gerard are having a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice pictures, lovely creations !
    Have a nice Sunday !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shawl, oh my goodness. Looking forward to seeing the next finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cloud pics but, as you say, no moon in sight. I don't think the lunar eclipse was visible anywhere in Canada.
    The shawl is lovely and I can just imagine how cozy it would feel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The evening sky photos are lovely, even without the moon. The eclipse was not expected here. I love the pretty shawl! What a thoughtful gift. Have a wonderful Sunday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely projects! Don't you feel so good when you finally finish something?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bravo on the finishes.. and the starts! Sorry your weather did not play nice for you to get a photo of the eclipse. I got a fair shot of our full moon last night. I look forward to seeing Bertie's new blanket! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Despite there being not a cloud in the sky for months, the evening of the lunar eclipse was covered in them. Typical wasn't it! That's a lovely pattern, the spots are great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are such a talented lady , I love your crochet projects

    ReplyDelete
  19. We didn't get to see the blood moon either, too much cloud around on Friday night. The borders on both the shawl and the blanket are so pretty. I love the colours you're using for Bertie's blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We couldn't see the lunar eclipse either as there was too much cloud, not even beautiful formations like yours, just full, dense cover. That Christmas shawl drapes beautifully, and how clever to paint and stamp coathangers! I still have a few crocheted ones which I've had since I was a child, I didn't realise then how kind they are to clothes. I hope you've had a good weekend and that Gerard's health continues to improve. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. That shawl is gorgeous. I love how it drapes and am currently browsing internet to find a nice pattern. Just sent off for another knitting book from Amazon

    ReplyDelete
  22. That shawl is so pretty, love the edging. Great e idea with the coat hangers. Love the new blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  23. We were not able to see the blood moon because it was a rainy day. Your shawl is so pretty and you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So good to see your pictures, it was too cloudy for us.

    I think the borders on both the shawl and the blanket are very nice.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  25. That shawl is absolutely beautiful!! You make such pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You do beautiful crochet work.

    ReplyDelete