Saturday 13 December 2014

It's Begining To Smell Like Christmas...







 
I wish you could all smell my house right now...it is definitely beginning to smell like Christmas, with its mixture of aromatic spices and deliciousness its doesn't get any better.  I have started my Christmas baking for the freezer so I don't put myself under pressure later.  Mince pies were the order of the day for todays baking.

A nutty crumble top with peel and an avalanche of icing sugar.

 
Pastry topped decadence a thrill for the senses.  It wouldn't be Christmas without a mince pie.
 
A tin full ready to take down to Mum and Dad, ready for family visitors.
 
A fulfilling few hours with the lingering smell left to tease us.  Have you done any Christmas baking yet?
 
See you soon.

16 comments:

  1. Today I've put the marzipan on the cake, made some mince pies and we are part way through decorating the house. I've just stopped for a cuppa and to sample the mince pies! Have fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, sounds like my house smells like your house ;)
    We've just finished putting up the tree, a few more touches to add over the weekend and then we are all ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mince pies. Yours look delicious and I like the idea of a nutty crumble topping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm! I think I can smell all your great baking way over here! I haven't started mine yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look delicious. I've never had a mince pie before. Enjoy your baking. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yumm!! Looks soo good! I love the smell of mince tarts baking, all those great spices and fruits together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I wish I could smell it too.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done!!! I think I can almost smell the wonderful spices through my computer screen :) Blessings! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. MIaaammmmm !!! I'd like to smell it !!!!!

    http://woolandcats.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! I feel like I can smell it. I never had mince pie. Yours look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh they look delicious! I haven't done any baking for Christmas yet. My mum is making my mince pies! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm... your mince pies look amazing! Don't you just love the scent of Christmas? :) Happy Monday, sweet lady! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmm Mince pies my favouritexx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The only baking that I have done so far is cake making and marzipanning. I don't know if I will do mince pies of just buy some - horror!!! Not really in the mode this year, so I will perhaps sit back and enjoy looking at yours instead as they look so great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! These look amazing, I feel quite hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love love mince pies and this year I can't seem to find any jars of mince meat in supermarkets (english section)!!!
    Oh gosh - I can just smell yours.......

    ReplyDelete