Wednesday 10 December 2014

Christmas Card Swap

One of the nicest things about Christmas is Christmas cards.  I love getting them from friends and family, particularly ones I don't see very often and get notes and letters filling me in with all the news.  Technology has made it so much easier to keep in touch but I still love the old fashioned post, through the letter box picking it up from the door mat.  That is one of the reasons that I got involved with the Christmas card swap organized by the lovely Amy atlovemademyhome.blogspot.co.uk/.  I was lucky enough to be paired with Rachel atjaquesrhymeswithcakes.blogspot.co.uk/. 

This is the beautiful card that I received:

 
A beautifully crafted card, a crochet tree topped with a stunning red/white checked bow and gold lettering.  It really was a stunner and greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much Rachel and also  a big thanks to Amy for organizing the swap.
 
My tree and decorations are finally up and it is beginning to look a bit like Christmas around here, but I will save that for another post.  How are your preparations coming along?
 
See you soon.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, what a pretty card! Such a clever idea using a crocheted tree as the focal point - I will have to remember that :)

    Blessings for a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card ! I'm looking forward to seeing your tree ..... Have a lovely evening !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea, crochet Christmas tree. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a sweet card and all the more special because of the love crafted into it!
    Have a lovely week and thanks for all your kind words on my posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely card pattern! We took a family photo for our cards and my oldest daughter walked in with the prints just now :) Blessings to you and yours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree...it's lovely to receive a card through the post. The tree card is so cute! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card!! Rachel is a wonderful crocheter isn't she! Glad that you enjoyed the swap! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lorraine! What a pretty card!
    Have a good week!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card !!!!
    Have a cosy day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card. Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Lorraine

    I couldn't agree more it's so much nicer to receive post the old fashioned way.

    What a stunning card, the tree is amazing.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely card.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card. I still enjoy making and sending Christmas cards, too, but I don't get many of them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've just stumbled across this post. I'm so pleased you liked your card, and all the other commenters did too. And thank you ever so much for the card I received too, you are one talented lady :-)

    ReplyDelete