Thursday 9 July 2020

Evening Stroll

Good morning, a brighter day here on the Island.  We have plans to mow the lawns today and to give the tyre planters a tidy up.  There are some pots in the indoor garden that need to be brought outside and plants that need potting on into larger pots.  There is always something to do in the garden.  There seems to be a little wind so that should keep the midges away.

Thank you for all you comments on my last post, they make my heart sing that you enjoy visiting my humble space.  There was some interest in the Cunndal Memorial so I thought I would explain.  on the 15th March 1885 a fleet of fishing boats set off in calm weather, by the afternoon 15 miles out to sea they were caught in a gale and made for home.  For many reasons the harbour was inaccessible, 2 boats lost their 6 men to the sea.  All 12 men were from the village of Eoropie.  The body of one man was washed ashore sadly the other 11 were never recovered.  The sea has many a tail to tell and is not for the faint hearted.

On a lighter note after dinner last night we thought a stroll would be nice to walk off some of the calories.  Lockdown has been our excuse for our added pounds now we need to alter our ways and get ourselves a little fitter.  Our chosen spot was once again Eoropie this time parking by the children's park and walking across the meadow to the beach.  My goodness what a feast for the senses.  The meadow was ablaze with colour, you could hear the lambs and the thundering of the waves as they showed their power along the sand.  You could also smell the sea, the salty air encouraging sharp intakes of fresh air.






As we meandered down towards the sea it was like walking across a carpet of flowers, such a beautiful sight.  A mixture of varieties and colour it was a delight.


The water making its way down to flow away with the sea.  Keeping the grassland watered enabling its vibrant colour.  We did try to name all the varieties of flower but there were a couple that we need to look up.  It was nice to see a couple of baby rabbits hopping through the grasses after the past few years of disease amongst them.







Unusual to see someone else on the beach but there was a family walking their dog in the distance.



The different grasses growing through the sand adding to the beauty of this glorious beach.



Even the sheep were a joy to see, walking through the adjoining croft and nestling into one of the sand dunes.  The perfect end to a beautiful walk.  No home bakes today but I have got fresh fruit if you want to sit awhile.  We are allowed to mix a little more now socially distanced and outside, little steps but each step taking us closer to our visit to family.

Take care and stay safe.

See you soon.


35 comments:

  1. Thank You for a lovely walk. I watched a docu on your Island the other night, such a beautiful place to live.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful place you live in.All those wild flowers.Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to see all those beautiful wildflowers. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are beautiful. What a wonderful after dinner walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place to take a stroll! The flowers are so pretty and I just love the beach so it would be a good place for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's rare to see a beautiful wildflwoer meadow like that. There must have been some fascinating wild flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a pretty beach. I bet the air is crystal clear up there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are very lucky, to be able to walk, in the evening. Here, it is being very hot/humid.

    What lovely places, you have to walk.

    Yes, the sea is not a benign place, to make your living.

    but also yes, it is lovely to enjoy, from shore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so enjoyed this evening stroll with you. Such a beautiful land. You are so right about the ocean needing respect - it can be a very dangerous place. The wildflowers are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh to enjoy all that beauty without the press of a crowd...bliss! Our ocean shores on this side of the North Atlantic smell heavenly. There's nothing like it in this world. I've been told that the Pacific Ocean does not have that special aroma...not sure why that would be or even if it is true.

    Have fun tending the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful walk and beautiful beach. Was the stonework an old blackhouse, possibly? I need to read more Peter May books, they let me know more about where you live. Did you pick up a stone to bring home? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful walk. Fascinated by the orange and yellow flowers. Never seen those before. I can remember seeing fabulous arrays of wild flowers on Skye. Does the heart good to see such beauty.

    How sad reading about the lives lost to the sea -she is a cruel mistress indeed.

    Loved your sewing in the last post - I am sure your grand-daughter will treasure what you made for her. I have been tardy with masks but busy with other things instead. Must make a few for us now we can go out and about a little bit more now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a wonderful place to take a walk! The scenery is lovely. Seeing the wildflower meadows and hearing of the lambs and bunnies make for a perfect spot to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sad story about those men. The weather can change dramatically when you least expect it. Your photos are exquisite. I'm glad that your rabbits are healing. I see so many in my Southern California garden. They look extremely healthy, and they reproduce like mad!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos! I haven't been on my blog much lately so much going on, but hope to catch up soon. Glad to see you are doing well. Looks like a lovely place to live.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sad to read about the maritime tragedy. So many men from one village must have been an awful blow.
    Today's walk was wonderful. All the wildflowers and the sandy stretches of the beach. I could almost smell the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely place. Just looking at your photos did my heart good, thank you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I so enjoyed taking a walk with you today. As always, it was beautiful. I especially liked the grasses, flowers and sheep. Were you able to get your gardening and mowing done?
    I spent about 9 hours at our house, packing boxes and carrying them down to the garage for Dennis to take to storage after work. Although we gave much away and almost all of the furniture too, I kept my kitchen mixer, food processor and some dishes and my pots and kettles. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them and I'll need them again someday when we settle back in our hometown. Even with getting rid of so much, we have quickly filled up a storage unit.
    Much of it is Dennis' tools that he just can't part with.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely island with us again today. You're right, the sea isn't for the faint-hearted. Such a sad tragedy to lose so many men at the same time.
    Hello to Gerard and take care of yourselves.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fantastic I'd really enjoy that meadow, it looks packed full of interesting plants.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sucha wonderful walk, I love the views so much! Have a lovely weekend ☺

    ReplyDelete
  21. How lovely to walk in the salty sea air with all the colours in the meadow too. Such a delight to see your photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a lovely walk about! We haven't walked in a few weeks because of how humid it is out there.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have a lovely place to walk. So many things to see on your walks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What beautiful blooms on your walk, Lorraine, and I always enjoy seeing the photos of the sea and the beach. The story about the ships and loss of life was sad, but just one of many that the sea has claimed.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a treat those meadows of wildflowers were! You have such a beautiful place to walk. I’m sure those pounds will melt away now that you can walk a bit more. It’s so hot and humid here that we have to walk by 6:30 am or not walk at all.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The walk was beautiful. I bet those seas have many stories to tell. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I did enjoy my walk with you, beautiful photographs and how lovely to see the wildflowers.

    Have a happy weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful walk and such a beautiful spot. My next trip to Scotland will include the Hebrides - one spot I've never been to. I have studied Gaelic off and on for years and the accent/terminology that we use is from Lewis.
    Enjoy your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh my goodness, each photo was so inviting and how colorful the flowers are! What a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Peaceful and beautiful walk. I love the rock. I like the different lines in them. Water, Rocks and Flowers, a walk I would love to take.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I agree with many other comments, so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Again, beautiful scenery and pictures!! Thanks again fro always taking the time to visit!!
    hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete