Wednesday 20 December 2017

Holiday Memories

Thank you so much for your warm welcome back to blogland and indeed home from my travels.  I am so glad preparations for Christmas started so long ago as tiredness seems to have taken hold.  The Christmas tree is up now and so I can take things easy and look forward to this wonderful time of year.  I have a little baking that I want to do but I am looking at this as relaxation as it is something that I enjoy.  We are enjoying the process of looking through the photos and reflecting on some of our recent adventures. 

The perfect time to visit the parks was after Thanksgiving, we were able to enjoy all that was on offer with no crowds and soak in the amazing atmosphere.  The Christmas decor was in abundance and a real delight to see.  Seaworld had some spectacular  Christmas celebrations, each one amazing in its own way.  It was also a joy to learn about some of the habitat and conservation.



The dolphins a particular favourite.  Antarctica, empire of the penguin was amazing the ride was joyous ending with the icy world of the penguin.  The cold certainly did not encourage any loitering.



The winter wonderland on ice show was sheer wonderment with world class skaters performing in front of the dazzling sea of trees as they illuminated the lakefront.



O Wondrous Night was another spectacular show, a twist on the Christmas classic as it was told through the eyes of the animals.  The 30 or so carols were a delight with the artists having amazing voices and audience participation actively encouraged.  Intermittent snow flurries were a joy as was the classic Shamu show.





Added to the shows and the nerve racking rides the decor was a joy to behold.  Food stalls dotted throughout the Christmas market added to the atmosphere.






Busch Gardens were also a delight with another Christmas town and a wide range of spectacular shows.  We certainly had fun wandering around the animal habitats.  Gerard had fun hanging out with the gorillas.





Santa was the star of one of the traditional Christmas extravaganzas with singers and dancers filling the stage.



We also had the perfect weather for some relaxation at Aquatica, the water park.  The beautiful white sands were a delight to sit and watch the wave pool.




The dolphins the stars and a magical moment as you glimpse them on the lazy river.  All in all a wonderful holiday with memories created to last a life time.  Hope all your Christmas preparations are going well and that you find time to sit and relax.  Take care.

See you soon.

16 comments:

  1. It all looks absolutely fabulous. I have never been to any of those parks and for you to share them so beautifully at Christmas is wonderful to me. It looks as though the weather was perfect for you, but I can hear the happiness in your voice been home too. Wishing you a very joyous Christmas.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing time you have had, we love our holidays and live frugally so we can afford them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving hearing all about the parks you visited in Florida, some I've visited myself but others I haven't. It must be a relief that you had everything prepared for Christmas before you went away, nothing more to do now other than sit back and enjoy the festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, welcome back! My, it sure looks and sounds like you had a wonderful vacation in the US! And you're all ready for Christmas I assume. I know it surely must feel great to be home, especially for Christmas...and speaking of Christmas, hope yours is Merry and Bright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful memories of your holiday. Good thing you were organized before you left. You have less to deal with now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had such a fabulous time! I loved seeing the dolphins, I adore them. I am glad you get to rest now, you've been working double-time for so long to get everything ready so far ahead of time! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness....I have never had any inclination to visit Florida but I think it might just be on my bucket list now. It looks simply amazing.
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful holiday.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to be in sleeveless tops this time of year right? A little of that warm white sand would be good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two really know how to enjoy yourselves! Lots of fun to be had in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do indeed have wonderful memories stored. I'm so glad you enjoyed a beautiful vacation. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a wonderful visit to Orlando.

    When we lived there we always did the 5K in Sea World. I loved running past the lake that held the trees. It was pretty even during the day.

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much to see, you certainly made the most if your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your black and white dress Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You were just 50 minutes away from me while at Busch Gardens! So close! I am so glad you had such a wonderful time here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such wonderful memories and you took great photos.

    Amazed at the mostly white dolphins. I've never seen those.

    Did you ever get a chance to sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really appreciate your professional approach.These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future
    Fishing Shooting

    ReplyDelete