Tuesday 18 July 2017

Impeding Visitors

Today is the day...Today is the day that Victoria and the boys arrive, I am so excited, in fact I am beyond excited but I haven't the vocabulary.  Gerard left sometime ago to get the first ferry across to the mainland to keep them company so they won't be here at the cottage until this evening.  I have plenty of time to finish off a few jobs and do some baking.  The beds are all made up ready and I have got their favourite toys out as well as a few new additions.  Grandchildren are for spoiling!

We have been busy with some indoor jobs so the outside painting as been put on hold, we will be getting back to it soon.  I have painted some more rocks from the beach to hold the doors and bins down, the winds here are quite strong.  I am led to believe that if it is not tied down it will disappear, so we are mindful of leaving things out and are getting good at clearing everything away on an evening.  The wind does keep the midges away, but they have been quite prolific once or twice so not an ideal place for a BBQ.

The bathroom has finally been finished, just need to put the curtain pole up and hang the drape.  Hopefully I will get that done this afternoon when I have finished the baking and such in the kitchen.  We are looking for some driftwood or an oar for its crowning glory and then a new bathrug to give it some colour. 

Before:


 
 
 
During:


 
We forgot to but the spacers when we were in Stornoway, so we had to compromise and use matchsticks, we are getting quite good at it.
 
After:
 




 

I made a rag wreath and added a few embellishments to fit the theme, the photographs are not really doing it justice as the light is not good but the overall finish is lovely.  I am quite pleased with it all.  We make a good team, as long as I am the gaffer LOL!

 


 
The sheep around and about have been sheared, some are really have bad hair days!  Sadly the ones I have seen that make me smile I haven't had my camera with me.  I must start keeping a small one in my pocket.  So today I will finish with some beautiful skies.



 
I will be back soon with photos of the boys.  As always thank you so much for your comments and encouragement.  I hope you are all having a good day.
 
See you soon.

38 comments:

  1. Wow ! you did a great job on your bathroom ! (and all the rest) It's great when you don't have to left hands and still can do all this. You must be very proud of yourself, with all you have done so far ! It's better than have it done by somebody else, although it is very hard work. But you got time ! Rome wasn't built in one day either !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, you're really cracking on with all your renovations, the bathroom looks great. Enjoy your family time, though I know you don't need me to tell you to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time with your visitors and enjoy every precious moment.
    The bathroom is looking great. I love all your finishing touches. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fabulous time with your visitors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bathroom looks lovely. I wish we had more room in ours to have decorative things about but as this house was built to house military families it's very short on space for things like that. I would love a bigger bathroom.

    So exciting that your visitors arrive today and I hope you have a wonderful time with them-x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks at the ready for your most welcome company. If we could bottle all the excitement, we'd have energy for days and days. Have many happy days with your daughter and grands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can feel your excitement as I read your post. So wonderful to see your grandkids again. Beautiful sky photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you've done with the bathroom. Perfect beach decor and colors. Guess you pretty much have beach wherever you go on the island.

    Have fun with your grandkids. They make one a kid again, don't they? I can remember my grandmother taking time from her many chores on the farm to sit down and play Monopoly or Old Maid with me. I still cherish the memories of the week in the summer I got to spend with her every year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, and I love the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bathroom looks fabulous, my friend! I just love the transformation.

    It was a real delight to pop in for a visit as I have missed reading your posts.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful job you did. We always use match spacers. Love the rag wreath. Enjoy the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. bagno adorabile, che meraviglia la ghirlanda! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new bathroom looks pristine and fresh. There's great satisfaction in doing things yourself (or as part of a team of two). Have a marvelous time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like what you have done in the bathroom, working with what is there, but adding certain things that make it so much better.

    Enjoy the family visit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your house looks great for when vistors arrive xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can feel your excitement through your written words at seeing your family. And I understand entirely, I felt the same way last week. You've done a lovely job on your bathroom. You have a knack for making things nice and cozy. I don't know if I could get used to the incessant wind. We always have a lot of wind here at the lake and by the end of the day I'm exhausted from it. I know you'll have a lovely time with your family. Here's wishing you lots of fun, hugs, and grandchild kisses. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your bathroom is looking as lovely as the rest of your house, everything looks so welcoming. Have a lovely visit xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a wonderful time, it's all so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job on your bathroom remodel! I can just feel your excitement jumping off the page! Have fun and I look forward to photos of the family enjoying your new home. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoy the bathroom and the family. Both sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How lovely! Have a wonderful time with your visitors:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness!
    You did an amazing job on that bathroom!
    Enjoy your visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have a wonderful time with your family. I bet the boys have grown so much!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so happy you have your family visiting. It's really nothing quite like having grandchildren to share our lives with! Your bathroom has gone through a very nice transformation. Enjoy it all! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. You will have a wonderful time with the two little fellows, I'm sure. Nice that you had time to get everything ship shape before they arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's so wonderful to see them come and sad too see them go. Hope you all have a lovely visit.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your bathroom looks great. I love the rag wreath that you made. Enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Enjoy your time with daughter and grandchildren. You're bathroom looks nice and you're getting your cottage fixed up quite nicely. Good thing to keep things battened down so you won't be losing too many things around your home. Happy week!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am excited for you! The bathroom redo is beautiful and inviting :) Have FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great make over of your bathroom, you certainly have a good eye for room dressing. How exciting having visitors, I do hope you all have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great job ! Your bathroom looks amazing !!!
    Have fun with the boys !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  32. The bathroom makeover looks great, Lorraine, and I liked the wreath as well. Good tip on using wodden matchsticks for spacers. Looking forward to seeing photos of your family visitors in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh wow! Enjoy your visiting! The bathroom looks great! And beautiful photos of the sky. xo Lynn
    ps - I love the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So exciting to have the little ones come for a visit! The bath turned out wonderful - I like the nautical theme and your sweet, beachy wreath! Strong wind is a challenge - I like the idea of painting the rocks to use as anchors. Have fun with the family - lovely skies. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh how exciting! The bathroom looks just lovely...the wreath is just perfect! :D Enjoy the visit ...

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yes, you are a good team. Your bathroom looks wonderful. I hope you can contain yourself until they arrive and then have a marvelous visit and make lots of memories. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your bathroom is gorgeous! I love the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your bathroom looks wonderful and I loved how you improvised with the match sticks! Great idea :-) Beautiful pictures of the sky too. Have a great time with your visitors and enjoy the rest of your week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete