Thursday 25 May 2017

The Wanderers Return

We are back once again from our travels.   We have had a wonderful time catching up with everyone, I do miss them terribly so a lot was crammed into the few days we had with each family.  A little tiring but well worth it, we did a lot of driving but some of the scenery was a joy to behold.  The drive through the Cairngorms was a delight, we took a leisurely drive taking in the stunning views and had a lovely break at Aviemore to stretch our legs and get some lunch.  Thankfully it was a nice day both driving down and back so we were able to enjoy lunch sitting outside.

There was a little snow left on some of the tops of the mountains, some of the crevices looked white but it was difficult to decide if it was snow or not.   A feast for the eyes, such beautiful sights.  Let me take you on yet another beautiful drive, this time through the Highlands.








 
Aviemore is a great place to break up the journey and let Mickey have a stroll, he enjoyed the ambience as much as we did.  Although famous for its winter sports, particularly skiing it is a great all year around holiday destination.
 
 
It was a joy to see the steam train, although not environmentally friendly these days it did conjure up some amazing pictures in my mind of a bygone era and some childhood memories.
 





I did manage to pick up some vintage table linen at a charity shop, perfect for our new home and of course I did have a quick peek into a craft and gift shop.
 
 
A great place for a break albeit a short one. 
 


 
 
 Hope you enjoyed this little tour, it is times like this I do wish I was a better photographer so that I could share some better pictures.  As always thank you for your wonderful comments and emails, they are really appreciated.  A warm welcome to new followers, I do hope you enjoy my little adventures through life.  Time to say goodnight for now, I will catch up with you all soon.

 
 
 

27 comments:

  1. Always lovely to see pictures of your little tours that you do. Will look forward to seeing the vintage linens in situ! Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the pictures are so beautiful.. hope you had a great time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are lovely, means we can share a little of your adventure xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do a great job taking pictures. I love feeling like I've traveled to some of these new places with you. Thank you for sharing and taking the time to think of us as you're traveling around. Welcome home! Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy seeing parts of the world I've never visited through other bloggers' lenses, and I think that yours is the only blog of Scotland (now) that I read. What lovely territory you showed of your drive. Stopping along the way in cute places is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty drive indeed. What fun to find a tablecloth you will enjoy. A good reminder to check the second hand shops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are wonderful! Mickey is such a pretty dog! I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very warm welcome back! Mickey is so cute, and your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking me along on your trip. I think your pictures are fine and since I'm not likely ever to see your part of the world, I can enjoy it through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I did, for sure, enjoy traveling along with you! You brought home some wonderful photos of some beautiful places. I am looking forward to learning more about this place you call home...perhaps I should Google! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must admit i miss the annual safari up and down the A9 , but then again i miss everything about the life we had pre disability

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictures are wonderful. Glad you had a lovely time away seeing the family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had a good time !
    Have a lovely weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing your latest journey, Lorraine. I'm glad it was a success. I think of steam trains as you do. My aunt and uncle took our family on a steam train ride through a cranberry bog in Massachusetts once...an exciting memory! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is wonderful to join you on your tour. Glad your are enjoying your visit. Great photos of the mountains. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy you had a wonderful visit!
    And I am always excited to see you photos...
    It is like being able to experience a place I will never see.
    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have fond of Scotland and Aviemore. Beautiful scenery. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so enjoying seeing your area! Quite an adventure for all of you.. when do the kids plan to visit your island home? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful scenery. Your photos make me miss the UK and bring back many memories of the time I have spent there. Micky is a handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving your tour. happy travels Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What beautiful scenery, my friend! Thank you for sharing with us.

    Happy weekend to you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How beautiful, one of the many joys of blogging is the vicarious travelling we get to do.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's so beautiful and of course you had to get new table linen. Enjoy your weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Driving through such beautiful scenery in the Cairngorms must have been a joy. We have a relatively long journey if we want to see our family in the south of England so being able to take a break in a pleasant place helps. Glad you had a good time with your family when you arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Highlands is my most favourite place to be on earth! It is so beautiful it feeds the soul. My husband and I hope to croft somewhere up there some day :) So lovely to see you living the dream.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I loved the tour, so glad you ad a wonderful trip. Everything is so flat here in Florida I just love to see rolling hills and mountains. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete