Friday 31 January 2014

New Crochet Project

I have started a new crochet project to give me a break from the thousands of flowers I have been crocheting for my daughters wedding.  It is a simple throw using arran from my stash.  No pattern to follow, so I can take it anywhere.  It is 2 rows of treble in the main colour and then using oddments 1 row of double, I row of single another double and back to the main colour.  I thought it would make a nice throw for one of our chairs, or to use as a blanket when one of the grandchildren fall asleep on the sofa.  That's what I love about this type of throw, they are so versatile.
 As you can see it really is a work in progress, I have only just started it but already I am loving the colours and the wool is a dream to crochet with.  I am linking with chrissiecrafts.blogspot.co.uk.  I really should sew in the ends as I go.....I could do with a magic wand or a little fairy that did all the finishing off jobs I don't want to do.




2 comments:

  1. Love the rich colours of this throw, I can picture grandkids snuggling beneath it! :-) Thank you for linking to the CAL! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment on my blog. The throw will be lovely, I like the colours. Have a good week.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete