Monday 4 March 2019

Weekend

A quiet but productive weekend.  Storm Freya hit but wasn't as bad as anticipated, although ferries were cancelled on Saturday.  We did manage to get out for a stroll, but mainly stayed in our little cottage and enjoyed each others company.

I got the sewing machine out and made a start on the mammoth stack of minor repairs.  I then went on to make two kindle covers using Harris Tweed, which I love.  A simple and quick make, but effective for keeping a kindle safe.


The stags are a wonderful embellishment that enhance the plain case.  I also covered another notebook.  I like to have a few things in the gift drawer and it would go well with a nice pen.  Harris Tweed was again used and another stag.


A button stitched onto the elastic almost the same colour as the stag.

I am also working on a prototype wreath for Christmas, a Santa.  I want to make several as Advent gifts so need to work on the pattern.



I need to now work on his facial features on the beige yarn and add a holly stem and berries to his hat.



We drank copious amounts of tea and enjoyed a biscuit or two.  Consequently, the 2 pounds I lost I am sure to have put back on.  All I can do is try again but lesson learnt I am not going to allow Gerard to throw things in the shopping trolley as I have no will power at all.

A roast pork dinner with all the trimmings on Sunday, along with a sweet rice pudding for dessert.  A tradition that we enjoy, although old fashioned these days.  I actually prepare it all on Saturday so it doesn't take too long to cook it when we come home from Church.

We finished another jigsaw, we have been working on it for quite awhile.  It was a beautiful one with several penguins so you can imagine how difficult it was to put together as the pieces were almost all the same colour.  We persevered and were victorious.

Back to reality today and time to get some chores done.  A warm welcome to a new follower, I do hope you enjoy my adventures through life.   A big thank you to all those who visit and for all your uplifting comments.

See you soon.

33 comments:

  1. I love your notebook and Kindle covers. Storm Freya was wet and windy, but no damage was done here. Every Friday my dad comes to tea and we do a proper dinner with all the trimmings and pudding for afters. I know it's the only proper cooked meal he gets all week and we've asked him to come to tea more often, but he won't. I love those spicy Lotus biscuits and Patersons shortbread. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A weekend well spent !!!!
    Have a lovely week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been quite busy, the covers are beautiful ! We had the storm since yesterday night 180 km/h fortunately in our street nothing was damaged. But lots of trees and roofs came down !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Christmas wreaths already! I look forward to seeing it though. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the journals and wreaths. I too am back to chores. I need to speed it up so I can crochet later. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like your Kindle covers and notebook cover and I'm looking forward to seeing how your Santa wreath progresses. I think you have to start early with these things if you want to be done in good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to make a cover for my tablet, a simple task that I have allowed to slip my mind. I look forward to seeing the Santa Wreath, I have a few flat backed rings ready for when inspiration strikes. I love my crochet flower ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your crafting. Wish I was on your Christmas list! Can't wait to see the Santa wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Harris Tweed covers. Lovely to be indoors with tea and biscuits and doing a jigsaw when the weather is bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely weekend that sounds.
    Some lovely work on the cases and notebook....and the wreath looks like it's going to be amazing.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a very nice weekend. Oh for a even a little bit of the rain from the storms in the north. It is extremely dry here.
    The tweed looks fabulous and sturdy too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m very glad to hear the worst of the storm missed you. The work you do with the Harris Tweed and the covers is beautiful. I’m sure the Santa will turn out wonderful... you do such a great job on all of your crafts.

    What a lovely weekend it sounds like you and Gerard had. We had a chili cook off after church yesterday as a fundraiser for some much needed repairs to the church kitchen. That was so much fun. No one would have expected the weather to be this cold in March, so the chili was a very welcome food to have yesterday.

    It was -7°F when we woke up this morning but -37F at our sons house in Montana this morning. So bitterly cold and that was with no wind factored in. This is so unusual for March. I’m ready for spring time.
    I hope you have a lovely week Lorraine.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always nice when storms are less nasty than forecast to be.
    The Harris Tweed projects are lovely and I look forward to seeing the finished Santa wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Kindle covers! Superb idea. Life is so drab and colorless now that am sure the vast amounts of tea and a cookie or two is sweet compensation. 🍪☕️

    ReplyDelete
  15. are sweet compensation...goodness, my grammar is slipping...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore your lovely Harris Tweed covers! So nice and practical. Your crafts always amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your notebook. It is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how I love all your makes.. but I'm so curious of how you will embellish the Santa wreath.. enjoy your week, my friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great stags and santa crafts and your workmanship is so neat! I too am struggling with my weight. The scale is showing ups and downs. Not easy to resist when there are snacks lying around in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some lovely makes that will be appreciated by everyone who receives them as gifts. Looking forward to seeing more of your Christmas wreath's embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea for a Christmas wreath, so simple but really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Harris Tweed - I'm a bit "jelly"....my girls say that...(jealous) - I LOVE wool!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a lovely,peaceful weekend, glad the storm wasn't too troublesome.I love the kindle covers:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Some storms are not being as awful, as predicted, now. Some! Not all! We had little snow in the last one, but to our east, they had a lot...

    Oh that Santa wreath is going to be sweet. Maybe I should say cute. Maybe Santa doesn't want to be called sweet. ,-)))))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your wreath is going to be beautiful! Thank you for coming by my blog and offering your prayers. Mom and I know they work, and they are greatly appreciated. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You make the neatest things. The kindle covers and notebook cover are so pretty, and so it the Santa wreath. You need your own little gift shop.

    ReplyDelete
  27. nothing wrong with falling off the wagon you can always start back up on your health journey. Lovely projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sounds like you had a perfectly lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. How wonderful to have projects on the go and start them now before the amazing long light evenings you get when it's tempting I am sure to go for drives and walks ! I am giving up biscuits for Lent!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pleased to read that Storm Freya didn't hit you hard.
    Such nice craft work here.
    Sounds as if you had a good weekend :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  31. I LOVE rice pudding. And I'm getting ready to go to the market, and I'm getting a pork roast. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete