Sunday 2 December 2018

Window Watching

After a week of cancellations and delays on the Ferries, they are finally running as normal today.  Long may that last.  The weather has been as you can imagine windy and wet.  Although the wind has now abated the rain is still coming down this morning.  We have had some moments in between the storms where the sun has shone brightly casting some evocative shadows.    Creating images that I remember from last year when I did a very similar post of the windows in our main town.  So many reflections but still a joy to admire the windows, imagining a young child with wondrous eyes exploring the magic.  We have the tree lighting and late night shopping next Friday but I thought I would share some of the windows whilst it wasn't so busy and of course during the day whilst it is light.  Waterproofs are not needed on this tour, but it is feeling a little chilly due to the wind factor.





These photos above are definitely a case of watching me watching you but I was so impressed by the use of books to make decor.  So simple and yet very effective.


Another simple but effective display in a small space created from twigs and handcrafted baubles.  It is also a great place to call in for a coffee.





I have had such fun playing around with some of these photos, the reflections are a delight at times but obviously detract from the window display.  I hope you get a vague idea of the wonderful array of displays.  Some have a wonderful vintage feel whilst others are right on trend.  It is a definite eclectic mixture of old and new which I love.




















I am hoping that I can take some photos of quality that will show the windows at their best.  I must admit I have enjoyed the reflections and the fun of having two pictures at the same time to browse.

We are entering into a new month and indeed season.  I am so enjoying the process of preparation are you?

See you soon.

34 comments:

  1. Those book displays are amazing! Is this on the island or the mainland?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful windows, I struggled to find a favourite but the simplicity of the second one is way up there. The tree of open books and magazines is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos. I love how the books have been used to make Rudolph and a snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely displays. Loved that book snowman - so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, some really wonder displays in those windows and yes a very imaginative use of the books. What fun you must have had wandering round taking these photos and admiring the window displays. Fabulous reflections as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great displays...my favorite is the next to last...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great. The book ones are really imaginative. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos. I was looking at the reflections of the boats in the harbour and trying to get an idea of what your town looks like. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love Christmas window displays. I need to have a walk around our little town now as the lights have been switched on and it should all be looking pretty festive.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love to see the trees and festive decorations popping up in people's hones this time of year. Later in December we will have a drive out to see the Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great windows, but what struck me was what lovely shops. Just as it should be. Sadly not everywhere. So many cafes and charity shops seems to be the norm and not enough small independent ones. Love where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I-love-reflection-photos!!!!!

    Thank you for reminding me!

    Have to get down street, and take some, myself!

    🎄✨🎄

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love the pictures! I'd have a hard time finding something similar here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That book decor is pretty cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoyed seeing the window displays you have there. I haven't gotten to downtown Portland to see the ones there. They have a Macy's downtown that I'm sure have nice ones. I'm enjoying our seasonal pursuits, but it's a lot of work to put up the displays I'm used to doing. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the book themed photos! So glad the ferry is running again and you get some much needed freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved window shopping with you! Such creativity and a wide variety of scenes. Glad to hear your ferries are running now. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. It must be wonderful to roam around your town on a chilly morning! Wonderful book Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Me...I enjoyed window shopping with you. Now we need to pop into a shop and have us some hot tea and scones! I can dream, can't I? :'} I liked how the books were layed out into forming a tree! Fun ideas! I am glad the storms has gone away now. It's been chilly here too but no rain today which is good. Take care and have a blessed week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great series of window displays you took. I love those book ideas! Very inventive. So glad the storms have abated and the weather is settling a little.
    I'm also enjoying Christmas preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What fun to stroll through town with you to admire all the wonderful window displays. And, I agree that the reflections make them even more fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahh what a lovely post!!! I love looking at window displays. That is something I miss about living in Copenhagen - so many beautiful streets to window shop. I love the window with the dress and the fur coat. Thanks for sharing! Have a cozy week. :)

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely window displays indeed. I especially like the one where the open books are lying one on top of another to make a little tree. So cute.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. How lovely! No wonder you are enjoying your Christmas preparations when there is so much festive spirit in the town. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely window displays. Reminds me that I must slow down the next time I go shopping. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Christmas is in the air....
    Nice pics !
    Have a lovely week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  27. How wonderful everything looks, twinkly and magical, time to feel Christmas is here:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. These window displays are so lovely! Just like they used to do years ago! How magical😊. Thank you for sharing! Have a great week.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am sure that those of us who live in mainland communities can scarcely imagine what it is like to be so dependent on the ferries.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The use of the books especially caught my eyes as well...so clever! I find it hard to photograph windows, too, but the double view is fun.
    Thanks for posting, Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete