Wednesday 3 October 2018

A Windy Day Indoors

Yesterday the winds were whipping around our little cottage making it a joy to be inside and enjoy the comfort of the stove roaring and the heat coming from it.  Both the freight ferry and the passenger ferry were cancelled once again making us thankful for the extra provisions we have stored.  The rain started with a pitter patter against the window and is now thrashing against it.  I am so thankful that there is no urgency for us to go out today.  We have plenty to keep us busy indoors and some warming soup to sustain us.  Cheese scones may be added later during the course of the morning.  We have the option of roasted butternut squash and mixed pepper soup or parsnip with ginger, both warming flavours.  You are welcome to join us...

I can always find something to fill my days and yesterday was no exception.  I made a gift bag ready for Christmas. 


Of course it included buttons.  I stitched some on the hearts and stars as well as using some on the angels.  I enjoyed sorting through my collection for the perfect ones.



I stitched a pocket  on the bag and added an enormous button that I stitched on using  red twine.



Progress on the crochet blanket is going well, I am adding a few rows daily and enjoying the process.  The first one I started I couldn't seem to retain the pattern so I needed an eye on it all the time.  Making it hard work and no enjoyment at all so I pulled it back.  I like a challenge for a smaller project but not for a single bed sized blanket.  What are you working on at the moment?

As always I thank you for your encouraging and welcome comments.  A warm welcome to a new follower, I do hope you enjoy my little adventures through life.

See you soon.

29 comments:

  1. Was that a printed panel you used? I love what you've done to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wind was terrible here yesterday too, it even blew over a large glazed pot containing my standard rose which is really heavy to lift. It's definitely nice to be indoors on days like those. Yum, cheese scones with squash and pepper soup, it sounds delicious. I love the idea of fabric gift bags, it's like a gift within a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Love it. I'm crocheting a few more ear warmers at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, a person such as yourself is never bored, Your description of the day sounded very cozy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bag. I also love all of those soaps - what a great way to spend spare time and give gifts all at the same time. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soup and a cheese scone sounds good. I made cheese scones yesterday some for us and some for neighbours next door. There is nothing nicer than being indoors on a cold and windy day knowing that you don't have to go anywhere:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds lovely to just stay home and stitch and sift through buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely & cozy it sounds at your home - and the bag is very creative - love the buttons.
    It was a chilly day here yesterday with a lot of rain - a perfect day for soup. A friend was taking me out for lunch as a belated birthday treat and we went to a Polish/Ukrainian restaurant in my neighbourhood and I had a huge bowl of cauliflower soup and a cabbage roll - delicious and just what I wanted. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had 50 mile an hour winds here yesterday which started three more fires! Although it is cooling off a lot, we had frost here this morning, it is still so very dry and when the winds blow, the fires begin.
    Your home sounds so nice and cozy and your Christmas bag turned out so sweet. I love that big button in the angel! You and Gerard are in my prayers daily my friend. Much love and blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wind seemed to be howling around the globe yesterday, for it was windy on our Island, too. It blew in some chillier weather, but no rain. This morning was just 5 degrees.
    You stay cozy in your home, with good things to eat and fun things to make. Enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely idea for a bag, you’re certainly using your time productively. It’s quite chilly here today, though still not too bad for early October xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bags. The wind has gone here leaving all the windows very mucky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bag looks wonderful and festive and I love the huge button. It's lovely being inside when the wind is whipping around isn't it. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think there's anything as cozy as being indoors where it's warm and looking out to see trees whipped by strong winds. ( But then one has to hope the power doesn't go out).

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely! I enjoy seeing all your projects :-) Sometimes it is nice and cozy to enjoy a rainy day :-) Have a wonderful evening.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's interesting to know you have a roaring fire and we have the air conditioning on! Believe me, I'm ready for a more seasonable Autumn. I really like seeing your projects and especially your use of buttons! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are a very creative person, so you'll be never bored..

    ReplyDelete
  18. How vividly you describe your days! I can just imagine how busy you must be in your warm cozy cottage with the wind and rain battering against your windows. Your gift bag is just so lovely, and a stark reminder of how quickly the holidays will be upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love soup on wet blustery days. It always soothes and hits the spot. Glad you found plenty to keep you occupied.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can image how cozy it is in your charming cottage. I'm glad to know you have lots of stores and frozen things to keep you both fed well in case of emergency. Stay well and safe! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty bag as a Christmas gift! You are so good with crafts and you sew so well. Keep warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love to think of you snuggled up in your cottage and doing your crafts when the weather is wet and wild outside.

    Love the Christmas bag.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  23. The work that you are doing on that bag is charming . . . some loved one is going to treasure the bag and the gift inside, come Christmas :) Your soup and scones sound perfect for a cold rainy day.
    God bless you . . . stay warm, cozy and inside :)
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a cute bag and a present in itself, no matter what's inside! I have put aside all other (crafty) projects to finish the book I am writing. I'm on my first edit after my editor's first edit, sigh ....

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a cozy (and productive) way to spend a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am enjoying seeing your crafting and doing little crafting on my own, but we showed the house five times last week...one coming back for a second look and is still interested. Progress for you and for me :)

    ReplyDelete