Tuesday 11 September 2018

Snowflake Jar

Autumn is fast approaching, Mother Natures little clues are all around.  Not least the wind, over the past week the wind has been building up and getting stronger and stronger.  Unfortunately it is bringing along with it outbursts of rain.  We are thankful that we had the forethought to prepare for the season early.  We still have a few jobs still left on the list but they are been worked upon.  One of the freezers is being defrosted as I type this and then once cleaned will be filled again when we go into town on Thursday.  It then becomes an ongoing project throughout the Autumn/Winter season as I pop in stews/casseroles for busy days.  The chimney still needs to be swept but it has been booked.  A start has been made on the seasonal decor, not a lot but enough to welcome the new season in.  I am looking forward to lighting some of the candles we have been gifted.



The trusty Christmas organiser is out and endless lists compiled,Gerard and I have enjoyed sitting by the roaring stove planning some of our projects.


We had a lovely time browsing some of the craft books adapting some of the ideas to suit our needs.  Snazzy jars was a fun to read inspiring all sorts of ideas for gifts for neighbours.


I spent a couple of hours yesterday playing around with an idea for a wonderful Winter warmer, a jar for hot chocolate mix.






One very quickly became two...


The mix will be added nearer the time and some chocolate spoons made too.  I enjoy this cosy time of year when our thoughts turn to craft projects for gifts.  We have the added bonus this year of working on the dolls house, exciting times.

As always I thank you for your comments and your advice regarding the pens/pencils for my bible.  Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.  Have your thoughts turned to the change in season or indeed Christmas yet?

See you soon.

















23 comments:

  1. You are really a creative girl ! the jars are so cute !! We still have warm weather and can sit outside. After some cooler days it's getting warmer again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute jars...a great idea.
    I am thinking about Christmas but haven't done anything yet.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying not to think about Christmas this year, it's going to be a strange one. I just know what I'm NOT doing and where I don't want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always so prepared. I should do more freezing of meals, but I just haven’t found anything that freezes easily and tastes as good after I defrost it. Especially for just the two of us.
    Love your little snowman jar. I did a bit of fall decorating yesterday too. I hate the thought that winter is coming but the days do go by don’t they? Many blessings my friend, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snowflake jars are so cute. Very creative.
    It's quite a good feeling to be making the house cosy now that the seasons are changing. I don't really want to be thinking about Christmas just yet though, and I got a surprise to see some festive foods in the supermarket the other day. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to having a fire and working on crafts. You are so creative and it's always fun seeing what you are up to. Stay safe and cozy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those jars are so cute and will be such welcome gifts, especially filled with chocolate! I'm a last minute kind of xmas planner.. lol. But I do admire your pre-planning very much. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your jars are cute and cheerful and make me wish for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm all ready for Fall but not thinking of Christmas yet. Today we had quite the lightning and thunder, heavy rain that came over the eaves troughs and cascaded down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love these jars that you are making - very clever indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those little jars are adorable! I was planning to decorate for fall today, but with this hurricane approaching soon, I may push it off till afterwards and see if we get flooding or what may happen :-( And Christmas... so not ready for that yet, lol. Have a great day!

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have the best ideas. It has been way too hot here to even think about Fall. We really need a few cool days. You make it sound cozy and fun. I'm looking forward to building a fire in the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely idea. I must admit that I'm still trying to cling onto summer, though how much longer I'll be able to do that I just don't know, there's signs of autumn all around now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Time really flies and very soon another year is coming to an end. Over here we do not have the 4 seasons, so life goes on as usual. Very creative ideas for your craft for the festive season.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful chatty post! Just like a quick visit with a friend. We've had cool weather lately. Our lilacs actually bloomed again! Odd. I am recovering from cancer treatments, and I'm just now beginning to feel more like myself. I'm sure energy will follow. My extra freezer is nearly empty. We've been trying to eat out of it all summer. It needs defrosting and cleaning. I love the idea of trying to fill it with casseroles and such for the busy fall season.
    God bless you in your efforts!

    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh, how nice to catch up with you here! You do so much, and seem to be always ahead of the curve. I really need to organize some of my things so I can feel more that way about myself!! xxLynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, sad to say we had our first snow last night. I took pictures and put them on my blog. It's 11a.m. and I thought it would be gone by now but as it is 0degreesC it's sticking around for a while I guess!! Love your little snowmen lids, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Right now, it's hard to think about winter since we are having some fairly warm daytimes. I am waiting for the fall colors here in New England and then the cold and snow. It's great fun to see what crafts you are planning.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clever jar filled gifts like yours are gifts I would like to give, too. Bravo for planning and making ahead! I turned the heater on here this morning, so I guess we are nearly into autumn here, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your posts and everything looks wonderful. I love your idea thanks for sharing.
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete