Wednesday 1 November 2017

The Last Post

2 more sleeps as my Grandchildren would say.  I am all packed ready to go.


The tickets have arrived, its all e tickets these days which I can understand but I did used to like getting the little folder with all the tickets in through the post.  I have checked the ferry sailing several times as there have been some cancellations due to bad weather.  Last minute gifts have been sourced and wrapped, the dog likes to give a few little gifts to those that look after him while we are away.


The Christmas linen has been unpacked and washed, just needs ironing now all ready for our return.


Another little crochet project has been started, this time some snow flakes which I thought would be a nice addition to the seasonal decor.



I added a loop so that it will hang.

I had some fun looking through my collection of vintage patterns.  I wanted to make some little doilies ready for when the outbuilding becomes my craft space with some pink  crochet thread I had.  It will go nicely with the vintage look that I am hoping for and will coordinate well with the Cath Kidston throws and such from my previous craft room.



All ready for my travels, a project on the go.


How did Halloween go?  Hope everyone is safe and sound.  We were quite surprised that we got some little visitors, good job we had some appropriate provisions ready.  Goodness knows what was in the goodies the vibrant colours were mind boggling, I can only imagine the e numbers and additives that were in them.  It was nice to see that the traditional swede was carved, that must have taken some doing.

The next event on the calendar is Remembrance day which we will not be on the Island for, although we will be attending a Church service with the family.  To this end I thought I would share some of the memorials in our local settlements.  Each with so many losses and at such young ages.  Our own Cottage had a loss of a young man aged 28.  We have a lot to be thankful for for the sacrifices made by so many.








They shall not grow old, as that we are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

For all my American friends and followers I also wish you a Happy Thanksgiving in advance.  I will be in America and have been blessed to be included in some of our friends celebrations.

I will catch up with everyone on my return.  Take care.

See you soon.




46 comments:

  1. I hope you have a fantastic time and look forward to reading all about it when you get back.
    Safe travels.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely time, wishing you a safe journey. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time away, how super to be in the USA for Thanksgiving:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe and wonderful trip, I'll be thinking about you down in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe travels to you, dear friend, and may you have a lovely time! I look forward to hearing about your adventure when you return.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a long trip for you but I think it's nice you'll be in the States for the Holidays. I wish you safe travels and I hope you enjoy your time here.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  7. So poignant to see all the names listed, isn't it, so many for such a small island. Wishing you happy travels, have a wonderful time and I look forward to hearing all about it on your return.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Safe travels, have a wonderful time.

    We MUST remember those who lost their lives during the two World Wars. Great to see these memorials looking well cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting & I hope all goes well on your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful time!! Looking forward to hearing all about your travels when you return to recuperate!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have wonderful time!! I love the two stocking you've finished in your last post. Hard to believe you will be in Florida soon. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you have a fabulous adventure in England with your lovely family and then when you come to the USA. I think you will enjoy your American Thanksgiving meal! I hope you take photos. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful post. The war Memorials are so well kept and I'm glad that those who died are being remembered. It's so important to remember history or we will be doomed to repeat it.
    I pray that you will have a wonderful trip to see your family and then to the U.S. How I wish we lived closer to Florida so we could meet each other. I hope you enjoy every moment of your trip and I'll look forward to hearing about it all. Many blessings and Godspeed.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy journey... Loss of young ages really make me sad.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. safe travels and HAVE FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a wonderful time! You are so prepared and even have hand work to take along. The war memorials in Great Britain are so touching. We should never forget the sacrifices. Safe travels! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy your wonderful trip with family and friends! Looks like you are well-prepared and organized. Lovely crochet projects to keep you busy on your travels. The war memorials are so touching and sad. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sure you're excited to go on your trip to USA. Have a safe trip and a good time! Thanks for sharing the various memorials on the island. The poem was nice. I've heard it some time ago. May they all rest in peace. I've got my Christmas photo cards now so one less thing to get. Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have a wonderful trip. Looks like you are well organized for a fun time together with your family. Pink doilies sound lovely. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy holiday! Enjoy your trip and looking forward to your sharing when you get back! Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you have a safe and wonderful holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Best wishes for safe and happy travels. I also am looking forward to hearing all about it when you're home again.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Safe journey, have a wonderful time x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope this catches you in time to wish you a safe journey and great holiday. I remember the days when paper tickets arrived in the post x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Have a lovely time with your family! I hope you find Florida in pretty good shape when you arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So you a nearly off for a long trip ! I can imagine that you are happy to see your family again and you will have nearly summer weather !

    ReplyDelete
  27. Have a wonderful trip with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are always so busy and creative. Have a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello dear,
    nice post!!!
    i'm a new follower, can you follow mine on my blog?
    https://amoriemeraviglie.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Have a safe and happy journey! See you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Enjoy your adventures and take lots of photos.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Amazing knitting work my dear, >I love handmade !!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wishing you both safe travels, Lorraine. You do indeed seem all ready for your U.S. trip and hope you enjoy a wonderful holiday visit. We will look forward to reading about your adventures on your return!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So sorry I didn't check in early enough to tell you God Speed and safe travels. I know you'll have a lovely time. I hope you're visiting one of the states in the middle, as the coasts have been having some unbearable weather.

    Can't wait for your return, telling us all about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hoping you have gotten away on time and smooth sailing to you! Welcome to America on this trip. Hope you have a great time at Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Welcome to America and safe travel sent your way. I love how you are so on top of things. Having packages wrapped and in such lovely paper. Every thing in order for your trip and return. I look so forward to hearing all about your trip.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  37. Have a safe and fun travel and wishing you a happy Thanksgiving when you get to America!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Have a lovely time with your family dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wonderful to be with family!! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gosh I'm so behind on visit. Where ever your off to have a safe trip and wonderful time..blessing, with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hope all is going well and you are having a wonderful time xxx

    ReplyDelete