Saturday 13 August 2016

Fun In The Sun

Another week filled with love and laughter.  Gerard was feeling better too so we were able to potter a little and enjoy a holiday with the little ones without leaving our home.  There are so many fun things right on the doorstep that we just take for granted.  It was amazing how quickly our days were filled without spending a fortune.  We were blessed with the weather which always makes things easier.  We had a day in Skegness, our nearest town and met some fun characters along the way.

 
Wilbur was thrilled to meet Marshall from Paw Patrol, whilst strolling along the promenade.  There were a lot of characters out and about, luckily Wilbur could recognise them as Granny wasn't always too sure.
 

 
He certainly had fun with the storm trooper and was impressed with the monster trucks that kept driving by advertising the stadium.
 
 
We did of course indulge in fish and chips and to Victoria's horror Hector got in on the act and helped himself to a chip.
 
 
The gardens were beautiful and the mascot for Skegness was gleaming in the sun, dancing in the fountain.
 
 
We visited the park which has just been refurbished and now has state of the ark play equipment all pirate themed, lots of fun for a seaside town.
 

 
We enjoyed the beach  at Anderby which has a car terrace enabling us to drive the car onto the beach.   It was so easy to set things up without having to walk far, perfect for the disabled or young families with prams.  We set up the barbeque and had the perfect day.
 


 
 
Lots of fun in the sun.  Treasure to be hunted out and sand people to be made.
 
 
It certainly seems a little quiet around here now and we are both tired but it really was wonderful to catch up with everyone over the Summer for longer visits.  I have a serious amount of washing and ironing to catch up with and the house and garden have been neglected but there is always tomorrow.  I have been a little slow catching up with you all but I will over the next couple of days.  Lots of lovely memories to treasure.
 
See you soon.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

22 comments:

  1. It looks like you've been having lots of fun. I've got photos of me along Skeggy prom posing with characters too, many years ago though now. I've never heard of Anderby, it sounds good being able to park up on the beach, very convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely happy photos...loved Hector with his chip....so cute.
    While I have been out today I have seen a brilliant set of rubber stamps with the Skegness mascot. It would be fab for your scrapbooks-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the way it should be - family fun in the sun! Along with fish and chips of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family, fun and sun, and a bbq, lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be at a beach (but not in hot weather). Lovely that you are having fun in the sun with FAMILY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a whole lot of seaside fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful outing. i love that you could drive right on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I must explore Anderby. The last time I went must be over fifty years ago! Maybe we could meet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes, the sea shore...I love it! Fun times, no doubt! Thank you for all of the kind comments you write on my blog. I wish I was able to email my thanks! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My grandson would love to meet those characters from Paw Patrol.
    Once we were lucky and found a place where we could drive on the beach, right up to the ocean. That was exciting, especially when a rogue wave surprised us and rocked the van where we were preparing a snack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful beach scenes...it's always good to be with family and the grands. They grow so fast...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful time :-)

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. That brought back memories, Skeggy, Mablethorpe, Gt Yarmouth, Lowestoft, lots of simple times at the beach and strolling along the front. Not forgetting the fish and chips, they seem to taste so much better at the seaside. Now it is The Gower that I am exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so seriously jealous of all of the time you get to spend with your sweet family. Next weekend we get to see our son and two grandchildren for the first time since April. It's been 9 months since I've been with Piper. You are VERY blessed my friend. What a wonderful day you have had. Love the pictures, each and every one of them.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad your husband is a little better and you were able to have a wonderful week with your grandchildren. Looks like lots of fun was had!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good hear that your husband is feeling better. A trip to the seaside is always fun with children, there's so much to see and do. Glad you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun outing with your grandchildren. Good to know that your husband is better now. Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet friend, what a joyous time all of you had! The pictures were such a delight to look at and the memories you are creating will last a lifetime. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How nice! It looks like you had a really good time together. I had to laugh at the baby helping himself to a chip, how funny. I remember my two doing the same thing when eating at picnic tables with them on my lap. Sometimes I really wished I could bring the highchair with me everywhere to keep them strapped in good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun time with your grandchildren at the beach. It's been busy here as well. We had a good time at the zoo yesterday and met up with our son and family. It was work related party and zoo entrance was free. I napped nearly 2 hrs this afternoon as it was so warm yesterday and we were all over the zoo. Hope you had a good rest. Have a good week my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like the perfect day!! The photo of your grandson with the french fry was the best!! xo

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  22. What adorable little boys and what a fun day at the beach for you all. Oh the blessings of being a grandparent!

    ReplyDelete