Monday 18 August 2014

A Shift in Seasons

Apart from a walk around the car boot sale at Stickney Saturday morning, the rest of the weekend was spent down at my parents home, decorating the bedroom and cleaning carpets.  Only the kitchen left to do down there and we are on top of the jobs at that house.  My house is a different story...

I did manage a few quiet moments to make an arrangement in preparation for my nieces new baby girl expected shortly. I used a vintage holder and pink roses to make quite a statement piece.



 
Finished off with luggage tag and sparkly butterfly. 
 
The view at the back of my house is looking quite stark, a sure sign that Autumn is on the way.  The harvest done and the field empty.  Why is it the seagulls always follow the tractor?



 
There is a definite shift in the seasons, already the evenings are getting darker, there is a nip in the air in the morning and early evening.  Time to think about warmer clothing, throws and knitted socks...

6 comments:

  1. Lovely gift for your nieces new baby girl !
    And nice pictures too !
    Have a shinny week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. the way you wrapped the gift is adorable! Little touches like that show such thought and creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gift is so pretty, I am sure she will love it. I'm sure the view must change a lot with the harvest, you always know when the summer is ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice gift! I can feel the shift in the seasons here as well. I like this time of the year as we move into fall. You're right - it's time to think about warmer clothes and handknit socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift and it's packaged so nicely :)

    It's beginning to feel a little like Autumn here and I'm loving it. I can't wait to start wearing cozy sweaters and warm boots. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty gift! It is definitely a sign of the change in seasons when you see farmers ploughing isn't it. xx

    ReplyDelete